0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 5:15 PM by caribbeantraveler RSS

Booking Vacation through Marriott Travel.

caribbeantraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We booked our vacation for the first time through Marriot Vacation Web site which found a was overall good experience. When I went to look for my conformation in marriott site did no show up until I inputted the confirmation number and did not show up both rooms so I called and Marriott Patinum elite agent they found it was under my one room was under my wife name and other under my name. When Asked about earn points I was informed that no points becaused I used a "third party wholesale travel company". I understand that companies uses venders but if the vender that is choosen to represent your company and consumer is lead to believe it is part of the a company, then I am not sure why you would refer to them as a third party wholesale travel company? I went in Marriott web site clicked on Marriott travel and tried to book the trip on line but had issue with booking the air fare so a called the 800 number on Marriott site and got greeting stating that was a Marriott travel. The travel staff was very helpful and got the air fair we need to get to our Marriot resort destination (with a significant price increase). Not once was I told I was working with a wholesale travel company. and was never advised that I would not recieve Marriott reward points for our stay at Marriot resort. If I had found Cheapo travel on internet and they gave a price on a vaction trip which included a stay at Marriott resort I would understand that  I may not recieve Marriott reward points. If Marriott decided to work with a travel company to arrange travel to Marriott resorts from marriott web site and act as if they are Marriott then need honner in rewarding Marriott points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...