15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 11:00 PM by iahflyr RSS

Green Bay is far from

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's the 411 on the 49ers game with the Packers on Sunday:   http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/01/03/this-sundays-nfl-game-in-green-bay-coldest-ever/

So who wants to join me in the Platinum Reserved seats?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Green Bay is far from
    erc Platinum

Why don't you take your book royalties, buy up the rest of the tickets and allow the good folk of Titletown to see the game from the comfort of their homes?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Good idea, but I must confess that, being a full professor of Bovine Scatology at the California Institute for the Mellow, located along I-5 in Weed, I have just finished my latest work, "Do Woodpeckers Get Headaches and Other Mysteries of the Universe."

My other work, covered extensively in the peer-reviewed Journal du Fromage, speaks eloquently to the inferred level of cheese stratification, from Velveeta to the vaunted Manchego.  As such my research, conducted with the financial support of Whole Foods and Bargain Grocery Stores, shows conclusively that Cheddar, the kind that Cheese Heads favor, is just barely among the Cheese Elite."  My contract with them forbids me from eating said cheddar (though it does allow for Cheese-Whiz on a Phillie Cheese Steak at Gino's, during any football games at Lambeau Field in Green Bay during playoff games with the 49ers.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

It is just wrong to me that NO has to play at PHI and SF has to play at GB, call me an unabashed spoiled sport if you like.

If this were a hockey game I still would want to be inside.

This - NFL considering, sort of, playoff seeding based on records - would be a definite improvement to the game imho.  Still, when it comes to the NFL, I too would want to be inside - inside the comfort of my own home that is, sitting in front of a flat screen and a fireplace, with the appropriate home made (and not overpriced) gourmet accoutrements at the ready.

Sure would, and no more super bowls in February would be nice as well.

What do you think SF's chances are on Sunday?  In the Arctic?

Depends on which group shows up--at times they are super and at other times not so..Depending on the wind I assume both passers and kickers will be at a disadvantage.

Ya, I've heard that said about just Kaepernick quite a bit this season.  I have a hankering to go out of town in the next couple of weeks truth be told, but it all depends on the playoffs.  (And I don't want to miss any of it, myself).

Well if the niners win I suppose they will again be on the road, correct?

Yes.  I hope (they win of course, and then) play Carolina first (meaning that PHI would have to win over NO).

Fingers crossed!  Go Niners!

It's the NFC so the rest of the teams are well, not that important. I think they use designated hitters anyway, or sorry that is the American League in baseball.

Something about that bunch--maybe CBS and color with Phil Simms, but it reminds me of arena league play.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'd love to say very good due to their running game, but I think the cold will really play into the Pack's hand.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I bet the Saints really wish they had not lost so many of their road games.  Those losses sure affected the play off picture.  Just heard that some of the policemen in the crowd tomorrow will be dressed like Saints fans to make sure that the Eagle fans behave.   Honestly, I think that is a good idea.

I do have a soft spot for the Saints,and I cannot articulate specifically why.  My first loyalty however, is to SF with SEA coming in a close second.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...