2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 2:16 AM by moonflower RSS

Has anyone noticed how bad the pillows have gotten in Feather Free Rooms?

foxcode Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have asthma, so a feather free room is not simply a matter of a preference; it is a matter of Superman avoiding Kryptonite!  I had a recent conversation with a Director of Operations at one of our frequented resorts. He explained that since the property is a franchise, a board actually has to vote for them to replace pillows. Unbelievable! I should start taking pictures of the things they have provided that are suppose to be synthetic pillows - My animals sleep on better bedding. Then if I see the brochure one more time that shows a Lady reclining, where they are offering bedding for sale, I find it ironic and kind of tongue in cheek. - Just my Two-Cents!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Sonoma, California, USA
  • Re: Has anyone noticed how bad the pillows have gotten in Feather Free Rooms?
    moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

Sorry about your allergy but my problem recently has been getting hotels to provide fellow pillows rather than rock hard synthetic pillows! I now have to check when I open the door or risk getting no sleep! Why don't they read our profile preferences or the info they seek by e-mail before we check in!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has anyone noticed how bad the pillows have gotten in Feather Free Rooms?
      tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

moonflower, I had the same problem last year.  I included it in a hotel review.  This is what I wrote.

"When we went to bed, we found the pillows to be very, very firm, uncomfortable foam.  Our preference is clearly stated on our profile as feather pillows.  As we were tired, and already in our night attire, we put up with the pillows, but they were very uncomfortable, and we ended up discarding them in order to get some sleep.  Why was our preference ignored I wonder?"

Like you, we now check as soon as we go into a room!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...