11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2016 3:01 PM by monisame RSS

Online Profile Preferences

paulyfa Gold
Currently Being Moderated

When filling out ones personal profile and booking a hotel stay online, the options of High Floor, and Extra Pillows, etc are nice but what I really want is an option for Not Connecting Room, and Away From Elevators.

Anyone else feel this way too?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Online Profile Preferences
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Definitely away from elevators and when staying near freeway (motorway), room on opposite side!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I think the "Not Connecting Room" is a great idea.  I have never had bad experiences with a connecting room, but I think a "Not Connecting Room" would give me more peace of mind.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I am with you.  I get tired of having to call to tell them no adjoining rooms, away from elevators and ice machines and not of freeway side.  We should be able to add this to our profile.  If I forget to call, as my last stay, I was put on freeway side and close to the ice machine.  They could change me to a room with an adjoining door.  Not much of a choice.  Since I am platinum, it would seem that I would be given a quiet room without having to ask.  Thanks merb for passing these along but it would be better if we saw that our suggestions were implemented.

erc Platinum

Welcome to Insiders, good having you on board. Most likely many frequent travelers share your desire for a more useful profile, but unfortunately, the trend seems to be heading the other way, for example, the removal of Early Check In.  It appears in general, Marriott is attempting to reduce the level of commitment/guarantee of requests at the property level.

Like californian says above, even with merb's 'passing it along' the odds of change are relatively slim, given prior input (but the effort is appreciated). Until we see your worthwhile suggestion implemented, I have found the Full Service brand reservation virtual concierge process effective toward guiding the property to the type of room desired and for the other brands, I discuss it at check in (which is why I'm not a big fan of mobile check in), with a relatively high success rate and in the very rare (only once in 2013) example of being placed in what I regarded as an undesirable room, I just calmly walked back to the front desk and successfully requested a different room (with the leverage of the return effort face to face with a human, I was more specific in my criteria and they were politely met).

Sure, effort that would be greatly reduced, if not removed, if your suggestion was implemented, but until it is (unlikely), worth it to get the room desired.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

paulyfa,

Welcome to Insiders, and I do happen to agree with you, no connecting room is a very good suggestion and I'll jump on your bandwagon for sure.

You'll find our go to gal and new Hawaiian resident merb  raises this type thing up the flag pole often on our behalf however: as erc so eloquently states "odds of change are relatively slim".  Don't be discouraged, we all need to keep beating the Insider drum loud and often.

Oh by the way erc, you need to come clean on the real reasons you don't like "Mobile Check-In".

1.  Us Neanderthals cannot figure out how to use a smartphone without adult supervision.

2.  You want the face to face just to be certain you get your waffles from Springhill Suites.

erc Platinum

Yeah, that also

Where's the upgrade button?             "mmmm, waffles"

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

How about give me recognition button!

Nice job by staff members from lobby to Concierge.  Trendy decor in all open areas.  Room bed, bathroom and desk were super comfortable.  Rooftop bar was a great idea.

keplertracker Platinum

Okay, it's been many months for the suggestions, I still think that the mobile app development team at Marriott should implement the "Not Connecting Rooms".   If they can add that to the online profile section, then many loyal members will be much happier.   I can eliminate a phone call to the hotel AND not have to change the room that you've given to me via the Online Check In.

Come on Marriott, can you implement and add this feature to your online/mobile app in 2017?   I'll even say "pretty please?"  

chris0311 Platinum

I wish there was a "empty mini bar" option. I hate it when I arrive and the refrigerator is filled with overpriced food and beverages. I need the refrigerator so I can stock it with my own reasonably priced or free beverages

monisame Platinum

Good point. You can always ask to send you an empty refrigerator if the one that is placed in your room is a bar. I always ask for it !!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...