11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2016 7:54 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

New York City

richli5 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I work in NYC and live on Long Island. I have stayed at the Marriott Marquis several times and eaten in many restaurants here as well. I would be happy to assist anyone thinking of spending time here in NYC!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New York City
    duddie Platinum 5 Reviews

We are coming to NYC in April for a couple nights with our 10 year old daughter and staying at the Marquis.  We always do the same things, theater, double-decker bus, American Girl Place, the Brooklyn Bridge and shopping.  What else can you recommend?

What are good restaurants for kids?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

njjean Gold 5 Reviews
    Your daughter will love Ellen Stardust Diner on broadway and I believe 57th...The waiters and waitresses sing the entire time you are there. THe show is cute and food is reasonable. They have burgers, chicken fingers, sandwiches, salads etc. Also have milkshakes as well as alcohol. My daughter loves it there. Also Hard Rock Hotel and Planet Hollywood are right in TImes Square. I know most people don't like these restaurants but in my opinion if your children are happy then so are you.  Food is adquate and prices not to bad. The other two restaurants for kids would be Jekyll and Hyde(cute show)and Mars 2112. This is my least favorite although it seems to be a hit with the kids.Also check out Serendipty(ice cream). I heard they just re opened. Although I believe it normally is a long wait. Have a wonderful time

jberzins Silver

Will the Marquis be good for children (7 and 9)?  We are hoping to be in the middle of the activity of NYC.

seatexan Platinum

duddie I will be going in April too!

richli5 Do you know of any authentic good eats in Chinatown?  I was told Jing Fong was good, but the lady that told me said she would not go with out her mother (her mother speaks Chinese and she doesn't).  I don't speak ANY Chinese.    Also this place was MASSIVE when I checked out the reviews.  Of course I will give this a go if nothing better is suggested.   I just wanted other options... if you have any.

Thanks!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

To all interested:

I really like Peking Duck House.  It is in ChinaTown, 28 Mott St.  It is authentic and it is good.  You MUST get the whole Peking Duck!  It is fabulous.  

shoeman

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks, Shoeman...I'll be in manhattan next week and will get the duck!!

seatexan Platinum

I have never eaten duck...this will be interesting.  Do they have other things too?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Duck feathers maybe?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Ha!  In addition to the duck, try the grand mariner shrimp, string beans with minced pork, shrimp fried rice, fried, pork dumplings, hot and sour soup or won ton soup.....  Of course, cin tao beer goes well with all of the above.

seatexan Platinum

Those sound really good! checking out google, its a pretty simple entrance and I would totally miss if it were not for the flag signage out front. 

Can you drink outside in NYC? I mean, just strolling around with a drink? 

Jsucool76 Gold

I'm just gonna chime in and recommend Atera to anyone. Amazing

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...