5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 10:34 PM by Book_Worm RSS

On-Property Birthday Benefits...

drewtipton Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Having had the honor (well, not entirely honor, but...) of spending my last two birthdays in Marriott properties for work, I wanted to share one of my experiences...

On my birthday in 2012, I was staying in the Santa Clara (CA) Marriott, and upon check-in (several days before my birthday), I was greeted with a "Happy Birthday!" by the front desk manager.  When I got to my room, there was a "Happy Birthday" sign on the door, and a lovely birthday cake inside with a card signed "from the Staff of the Santa Clara Marriott!"

I was just wondering if any others had had the same experience on their birthdays at a Marriott property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Santa Clara, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Santa Clara Marriott
  • Re: On-Property Birthday Benefits...
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Yes, a couple of times.  I was at the Irvine Marriott a few years ago and I actually forgot that it was my birthday.  A few minutes after checking in there was a knock at my door.  The room service waiter brought me a small cheesecake, a half bottle of wine and a nice hand-written note.  I was blown away!

Irvine Marriott Birthday Surprise.jpg

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

very nice I guess I have never been on my birthday

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

lakersfan wrote:

Yes, a couple of times.  I was at the Irvine Marriott a few years ago and I actually forgot that it was my birthday.  A few minutes after checking in there was a knock at my door.  The room service waiter brought me a small cheesecake, a half bottle of wine and a nice hand-written note.  I was blown away!

Irvine Marriott Birthday Surprise.jpg

That is a real nice touch. I wouldn't expect that.  I was at a Marriott property this year on my birthday, but I hadn't register my birthdate at Marriott.com yet.  Maybe a future stay will be different

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

Two years ago I was at the Wailea Beach Resort in Maui, and last year I was at the JW Las Vegas Resort. Platinum Premier both years. Neither did anything for my birthday, and my boyfriend actually asked both times. I certainly did not expect anything, but since this was a topic, I thought I would chime in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...