7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2013 1:44 PM by profchiara RSS

Extremes

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For those folks (Insiders included) wanting to feel miserable, or good, or neither, here are the details of weather extremes in the 50 states, I've been to Death Valley but not Prospect Creek.

For the United States, the extremes are 134 °F (56.7 °C) in Death Valley, California and −79.8 °F (−62.1 °C) recorded in Prospect Creek, Alaska.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Extremes
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Ouch ... that's a median of only 27, probably about what we'll see tonight in TN.  But sounds better than what prof is experiencing in Maine ... heavy blanket of snow (http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/99174#99174).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I posted current conditions under another heading, but it's currently 12 with about 11" of new snow that they're just starting to plow.  We're not supposed to get above freezing for the foreseeable future, and we're expecting a possible nor'easter Thursday and onwards.  Fortunately I don't teach in January (I schedule my "Janplan" course during 1st semester). But it looks like I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.  The newspaper delivery person couldn't even get through this morning.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow.  must be a winter wonderland there.  I hope you have enough food and libations to get you thru new years……..

Although I usually scoff at Mainers (and New Englanders generally who run to the grocery store every time snow is predicted -- since it's usually cleared so quickly), this really sounded like it was going to be an ongoing weather pattern. So Sunday I went to the store and stocked up -- I might even make it through the nor'easter!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Where was it? The posting.

It's under a response to Mainers Ice and Snow Storm.  If the well water freezes, you're expected to become a purveyor of California wine.

curiousone Platinum

I knew there was a reason that I put up with the summer heat in Phoenix. Sunny and low 70s for the rest of the week. Prof, I am guessing you could happily thaw out at the JW Camelback. Who knows, you might even come across Bill Marriott!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...