11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 9:33 AM by psudad RSS

Have you ever not received points/nights credit for a stay?

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.  I did an advance purchase on www.marriott.com (which I have done a few times) and I have still not received points for the stay, my Platinum arrival gift or my elite nights.  I contacted Marriott Rewards and they informed me that the hotel put my bill in the wrong place (it seems this happens from time to time with advance purchases).  They tried contacting the San Francisco Marriott Marquis' accounting department, but nobody was there.  I am going have to call again to get the issue resolved.  I am sure it will get resolved, but it has been frustrating.

Have you ever not been credited for a stay (excluding 3rd party stays like Expedia)?  How did you resolve the issue?  This was my first experience with a missing stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Have you ever not received points/nights credit for a stay?
    lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Has happened a few times, as recently as November this year.  Was totally missing a five-night stay.  Faxed copy of my receipt to Marriott Rewards and was credited THE SAME DAY!  Points, bonus points, Platinum points, and room nights.  Awesome service!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

lakersfan and merb,

Thank you for your responses.  My checkout date was from Dec. 8th.  I had already sent in a missing stay request form and they said that they had no record of my stay so I called in.  The customer rep couldn't reach the hotel's accounting department and he needed to because the hotel incorrectly filed my bill.  He must have gotten in touch with them later though because the points, nights credit and summary showed up in my rewards activity today.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes it has

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

I posted this in an earlier discussion, but here is my current situation:

I stayed at the Glasgow Marriott for 5 nights, and I emailed the hotel two days ago because nothing has been posted. The first response that I received informed me that because the room was with a group, I would not receive any credit.

The hotel had my PP number on file before my arrival, I had access to the lounge and my key had the Marriott Elite signage, etc. Even if they would not credit my account for spending points because the US Olympic Committee paid for my room (this has never been an issue before), I do not understand why I would not at least receive nights stayed credit or even my PP arrival bonus (I chose points).

I wrote back and asked if this was something that applied to hotels outside of the US, and the response was that they could not comment on stays at other hotels, but that they see that my bonus points were credited to my account.

I responded asking where these bonus points were credited, as there is no trace of my stay at their hotel in my account activity ANYWHERE.

I will wait for their response.

Wufman66 Platinum 8 Reviews

Luckily never.

erc Platinum

Hey everyone, here's something in the FWIW (for what it's worth) category;

I just had 1500 points added to my account, because I stumbled onto the fact that three full service properties had posted base and elite points but forgot to add the Extra (they had asked, so it's not about the guarantee, they just didn't post them). A call to the Plat customer service (which is Rewards - as always bypass the robot, by saying agent) quickly corrected the situation - but just an FYI, may be worth a review of your stays, since it's a clean year end break (just click Activity - last 12 months - Hotel Stay).

First time staying at a Springhill Suites and it was a very nice stay.  The room was clean and the layout was well thought out.  The continental breakfast was good.  The only complaints I had were…

nadermich Platinum

yes it happend to me I had 2  room at  Newton  marriott MA, but they refused to give me the credit for the 7 nights for one room only not for both rooms

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Still waiting for my New Year's Eve stay to post.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...