3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 10:11 PM by eight50fun RSS

Luxury in Naples, Florida?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Planning a weekend in Naples without kids and would like a place on the beach or with beach access.  Looks like Marriott only has the Ritz Carlton on Vanderbilt Beach or the Marco Island Marriott.  Ritz is almost $500/night whereas Marco Island is $300 but further from Naples than I'd like to be.  The Waldorf Astoria looks nice, has beach access, and is only $200/night even after the resort fee.  I don't have elite status at Hilton and prefer Marriott when possible.  But the last couple of Marriott stays have been a disaster, so maybe it's time to shift allegiance to Hilton?  Or am I asking for trouble booking a $200 night hotel and expecting luxury?  Maybe it's time to pony up for the Ritz?  Or use Marriott points for the Ritz?  Or are there other good options in Naples?  Please help!  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
Naples, Florida, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
  • Re: Luxury in Naples, Florida?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The Marco Island Resort is simply lovely.  Unless you have to be in Naples each day during your trip, Naples isn't that bad a drive from Marco Island.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

We've stayed at Marriott's Beach Resort a number of times and it was terrific, always with a beach side upgrade.   Trying MVC property, Crystal Shores for a week in May.  We love Marco and Naples.

eight50fun Platinum 1 Reviews

Marriott Marco Island is THE BEST Marriott resort I have been to.  I've been there 3 times and am going back again in April.  The beach is one of best in FL if not the entire US.  Naples has a decent beach but not in the same ballpark as Marco.  I imagine very few would disagree.  I am always pretty tough on hotel restaurants but Pazzi's and Quinns have fantastic food!  The breakfast place in pretty good too.  I have not been to Currents, which is their fine dining option, so I can't comment.  There is actually a very good fine dining Italian place right next door.  By far the best in town.

i have stayed at the Ritz Naples beach property as well and it is not worth the money.  The hotel feels like a skyscraper on the beach and the rooms are nothing special.  Rooms are not as nice as the Marriott Marco Island in my opinion.  The pool area is beautiful and the grounds are very attractive as you would expect from ritz.  I walked through the spa and that looked 5 star as well.  You cant see the beach from the lower levels including any outdoor common area (pools, restaurants, etc). It feels a little stuffy and corporate in general.  You would have no idea you were at a resort once your are indoors.  Only had one meal there but don't really have an opinion either way.

Both are very nice.  I guess it just depends on your style.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...