9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 5:33 AM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

Hotel Chatter 2013 Awards

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

HotelChatter 2013 Awards Epilogue || HotelChatter

With the snow storm coming and the New Year's Day holiday, plenty of time to digest all of the meaty topics regarding hotels above (but stay with us as Insiders).

Marriott's (w/Ian Schrager) London Edition was awarded Best new hotel opening. The Worst view award is exactly why we are members of Marriott Rewards. The growing concept of The 24 Hour Hotel rate is an interesting trend, The 13 Things You Wished didn't happen in hotels (in the Best List Award category) is a train wreck of a list and trust me, can be bypassed (but you won't), and yes, as we had already sensed, Mobile Check In, with Marriott as a leader, is here to stay (with even a personal note to me and my flip phone ), plus several other interesting topics.

The 2013 New Hotel List was interesting and I look forward to the upcoming 2014 list.

Dig in and share your thoughts on whatever you find - thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Chatter 2013 Awards
    Platinum 28 Reviews

@erc

Talk about making someone feel guilty!!!  Just put on shorts and sandals to voyage over to the Warner Center Marriott (Woodland Hills -- Los Angeles) to have breakfast with visiting friends.  (Southern California New Years morning - afternoon expected to 80 degrees)

Truth be it:  I don't feel that guilty!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Yeah, well come April, IAHFLYR (love those Texas rates) and I are going to drop you and the Man from Monterey (all other Californian Insiders are very polite when it comes to your terrific weather) a nice little note asking how's the Tax Man treating you    CalTax | Where Does California Rank?

All clowning aside, have a great 2014, you've been a great addition to Insiders.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Interesting read. I learned that I would like to pay homage to Philadelphia, and that my personal verdict is still out regarding mobile check-in (how do I convey specific room preferences with that?) and 24 hour rates (depends on the rate and how much of the 24 hours I need; if I only need 2-4 hours before or after the normal check-in/check-out time, I'll take my early/late elite benefit - complimentary, though admittedly not guaranteed - thank you very much.

Now that I've paid my respects to your post, I shall pay my respects to your hijacking of your own thread .  Your comment is why I plow as much of my income as I reasonably can into tax deferred accounts, and why I still have a mortgage (doesn't seem to benefit tax wise to pay the loan off.)  And why I will be a very unhappy camper if the day ever comes when Uncle Sam starts taxing the portion of my income equivalent to what I pay in health insurance premiums

All kidding aside too, Happy 2014 to all.  May your hotel stays be gratifying and your taxes be minimal.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"Happy 2014 to all.  May your hotel stays be gratifying and your taxes be minimal."

Absolutely!!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Is there something special about April and taxes that I should know about?   Well other than April Fool's Day which should be an official holiday for all government employees, I know it was for me when I was working!!

What do you say erc now that you've recovered from the night before and all other things dejamo tells us of you, think we'll get any Insider information on further devaluation of Reward points, the return of free coffee and the elimination of the Courtyard Bistro or maybe the return of our Platinum Arrival gift?

erc Platinum

That wasn't me in dejamo's photo. Although I have been known to snuggle with a keg, I have Buzz Lightyear PJs.

Regarding Marriott Rewards , all I know, is that Marriott values our input .

dejamo Platinum

Your 3 wishes remind me of ARod's chances of playing this year.......or Clinton's, "I did not have sex with that woman" !

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

dejamo,

You are so right!

Thank-you for your post!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I enjoyed the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.  I preferred it to several other downtown Marriotts I've stayed at.

In terms of mobile check-in, I use my smartphone often for convenience and speed, but I am skipping mobile check-in for now.  I rarely experience a long line at check-in and since Marriott's front desk service is so good...I much rather have the full experience...whether it be just getting nice service to start my stay off right or a better room (for example, did an advance purchase for a recent stay on Marriott.com where it was 2 queen beds, the front desk asked if I preferred a King instead and was upgraded to a suite).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...