10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2014 4:47 PM by nuhusker RSS

Wardman Park Marriott Honored as top 100 US Meeting Place

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington DC, District Of Columbia, USA
  • Re: Wardman Park Marriott Honored as top 100 US Meeting Place
    erc Platinum

I happen to be writing this reply from the Wardman and I have had a wonderful stay. It's in between conferences, so whereas I can't remark about the meeting capabilities, I did get a terrific rate and courtesy of the personable front desk personnel, a room with a very nice view (photos to come later, I can't wake my photographer), but the elevators go non-stop from the top floor to the lobby, the concierge lounge is open during this 'dead' time, but operated as if prime time with superb desserts (didn't try dinner, we had a fine meal at Ardeo/Bardeo up Connecticut Ave.) and we're just blocks from the marvelous National Zoo where we had a very pleasant day viewing the animals and evening during their Zoo Lights festival (all free courtesy of our tax dollars - be sure to visit if you get the chance - you paid for it), so from a service perspective I agree with the ranking, we've had a great time, which can only be topped if we're fortunate enough to catch the Tiger Cub feeding (we're going back this morning, did I mention that the zoo is free? ).

Happy New Years Insiders

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Is the free zoo because Congress is in  recess?

erc Platinum

IMAG2573.jpg

A very pleasant view from the Center Tower - the Washington National Cathedral

IMAG2566.jpg

A Keurig Machine, a fridge, and the Concierge Lounge,

a great combination.

If you can book the Wardman Park under $100 (and often you can) consider grabbing a room; the rate indicates you won't face the madness of a convention and the Metro is right around the corner for relatively easy access to downtown and don't forget these guys just up the street - your neighbors at the free admission, National Zoo.

IMAG2591.jpg

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Will plan to visit this property next time I'm in DC.  Thanks for tip and Happy 2014.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...