2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 9:59 AM by rinny54 RSS

Hawaii

jgriswold Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been saving my points so my family could take a trip to Hawaii this summer when we are celebrating two graduations, a milestone anniversary and a milestone birthday.  We are flexible on dates in July and August and would like either Kauai or Maui, but our dilemma is with 3 grown children, we either need a condo, large suite or two rooms.  When I looked a couple of months ago, summer dates were not open so I waited until I had free time around the holidays and now I seem to be getting shut out with anything that meets our needs.  I called the Reservation Desk, but they were not helpful.  This is a big time for our family and probably our last vacation together so it will be really disappointing if we cannot do what we planned.  Any ideas or suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hawaii
    skimmel Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Jgriswald, I'm not sure if it is available, but we had a superb experience with the Wailea Marriott on Maui.  The customer service was great.   We still talk about it as one of best vacations ever.   We were with family and had several rooms.  That was a little earlier in the year.   Have you considered contacting the hotel directly?  Perhaps the weeks ahead will have some cancellations given the uncertain situation in the economy.   I'd check back regularly whether you choose Wailea or other properties.  The platinum desk has been very helpful when I have planned family events in the past.

Good Luck!!

Skimmel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hawaii
    rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Check out Marriott Vacation Club or redweek.com for a Marriott timeshare rental in Oahu, Maui or Kauai.  These do not take points, but owners rent for $. I know you wanted to use your points, but this may be an option.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...