9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 3:41 PM by fschumpert RSS

Why doesn't Marriott have app for IPAD?

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Every time I am on my Ipad I look for Marriott and I see a bunch of individual properties with apps but no corporate app!  What gives and why so far behind?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why doesn't Marriott have app for IPAD?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I was wondering why myself that I have so much trouble receiving the entire website on my ipad. I can sign onto insiders and see I have items in my inbox, but when I go to it, I cannot like anything nor can I click on the one I am following and pull up the thread. Very strange indeed. Sometimes when I go to sign onto MI site, it sends me back to Marriott home page to sign on. Are there others who are having issues with ipad compatibility and MI site or even Marriott site? What have you heard NathalieF, The specified item was not found. or merb?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

The iPad, which I am using right now, certainly does some strange things on the MI site.  For example, it's typing fine right now, but there are times it freezes and won't let you type at all.  It does the things you listed sometimes.  It's erratic.  Would be nice if it were more compatible with the Marriott sites.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Amen to that! I was thinking that when the Marriott app was first developed, the ipad was all it was compatible with and people were hollering about needing it for the android (me included). I have both personal android which I dearly love (hate apple products...too difficult compared to android) and ipad air from work so I was wanting all apps including mobile app to be compatible with both. Anyway, I have no issues with my android tablet except it only has wifi so limited to where I can use it compared to ipad which has internet service on it through att (work pays for it).

Hopefully we will hear back from the gurus on this as to some ways to get around all the problems and inconsistency with the ipad.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

btw bpelican, off topic but congrats on hitting "trendsetter" status. That's impressive no longer than you have been a part of the MI site. Thank you for all your posts, suggestions, feedback, reviews and inspiration. keep it up!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

That's a very good question to raise, especially with the number of iPads out there.

dankc Platinum

Do you mean to say that people still use iPads?!  I figured they just moved on to the most current technology.  Way to go Marriott!

Sent from my Android.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I use the MR and Insiders websites on my iPad and it (Insiders website) is a bit funky, as in not 100% functional, and ya, typing can be problematic. 

I have the Marriott app on my Android phone and it is pretty much worthless to me.  Can't even get to Insiders from the Android Marriott app and I would never use it to make or cancel a reservation, as I just don't trust it.   Have to use the browser, which I dislike doing on my phone.  Would much prefer to use an app (that works) on my phone.

Merb, thanks for the encouraging news!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I often use Ipad and I just opened in Yahoo.com, then typed in http://www.marriott.com, saved the page as "Bookmark", then I have an icon on my pad to access "Insiders" via traditional sign-in page. It works for me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...