13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 11:29 AM by iahflyr RSS

Delta Darts

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No not the plane, just a mistake on the Delta Airlines website that offered cross-country fares for $25 and other fares for under $5!  Delta, magnanimous as ever (he says as someone who never flies them but would if they went somehwere I wanted to go) said that it would honor the fares. I assume that means that there will be a five hundred dollar choose-your-seat fare addition, but that was not mentioned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delta Darts
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Ha I saw that on the news this evening.  Somehow I always miss the accidential deals!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Me too!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

@anadyr,

I was able to snag a pair of JFK-HNL round trip FC seats with this deal. I was very skeptical that they wouldn't honor them but I figured I might as well try. When I read they were going to honor them I was absolutely thrilled!!!!

erc Platinum

ks77

Congratulations - that's fantastic news and a kind of cosmic travel karma for you not getting in on the Marriott/United  reciprocal perks offer - way to go.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Thanks erc!!!!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

erc

You had to bring that UA/Marriott thing up again didn't you, just when I had almost forgotten it existed.  Oh well, almost a New Year so I'd bet I'll remember it soon!!

erc Platinum

See, it was meant to be. If ks77 had gotten Silver status at United thru his Gold status at Marriott, his co-worker might have been surfing the United site looking for a free bag, instead of DansDeals. The way the travel industry hammers us, I've gotten to where I view a victory for an Insider like ks as a victory for us all, why I just had a Bloody Mary to celebrate vaboywnder's 2014 travel plans !  Mr. Smisek sends you his best .

While I know Mr. Smisek would never do such a dirty deed, I also look at ks77 getting the great deal as a win for us all as well.  Now I must get the Bloody Mary connection going as well, can't be falling behind in that race!

Way to go!!!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

ks77,

What a steal!  When are you traveling? 

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Sept 2014

ks77,

That is an incredible deal, nice going!!  Seems I should have spent less time on the golf course and more time watching the internet/new channels to snag the same deal. 

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I got really really lucky. It was a complete fluke. My co-worker just happened to be looking at DansDeals and a link for Delta mistake fares was on the site. DansDeals gave a link to Priceline and my co worker and I both started to investigate. He scored RT tix for his family JFK-LAX for $25 a person. At the same time I went ahead and went on Delta.com and found the fare I was looking for. I was starting to plan a trip to Hawaii for late next year anyway so I found the flights and times I wanted and booked it. I wasn't sure if they would honor them but I immediately received my confirmation email and Delta later sent out a press release stating they messed up and would honor them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...