2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 7:44 PM by dr_rob RSS

Marriott Rewards Credit Card--Elite Nights Promise AFTER approval

dr_rob Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

In the HEADER line of the invitation for the credit card it says that I would receive 15 elite nights after approval.  So I called and asked the representative to clarify this and VERIFY that I would received these nights after approval and the nights would be credited to THIS YEAR.  I asked 3 times.   Within 15 minutes I was approved, and I have not yet received these nights.

I just called and the credit card representative now says it may take 6 weeks to award the nights. 

BULL. 

Given the huge recent thread about the confusion, this is just another reason why I'm considering canceling this card as it is just like all other credit card gimmicks.  I don't have time to read through it all.  What's the point.  They either provide decent service and are honest or not.   

I expected much more from Marriott.  Perhaps it's time to look for another hotel program.

I will spend some time in the next couple days raising hell about this and reporting back to this thread about this adventure.

Anybody have the same experience?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card--Elite Nights Promise AFTER approval
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

my daughter was going to sign up to get to gold this year and she was told that the 15 nights don't come to first anniversary. far too many plans

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Credit Card--Elite Nights Promise AFTER approval
      dr_rob Platinum

they have 3 credit cards offered on their site!   This is the first thing that I noticed when I started to look into this.  No wonder....  Then, I get a mailer probably every week... at least... asking me to consider their credit card.... $85 annual fee, btw.  Which is ok, since I own a business, and i stay between 65-80 nights a year. 

But seriously, how are you going to train anyone to manage that load of confusion and be good at it? 

One hand cannot possibly wash the other in a company that is managed this way.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...