8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 8:42 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Murano - for Jerry

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Jerry,

Here is a photo of the store near San Marco and the bell tower that always has quality Murano jewelry and other products, though I bought my Christmas presents to myself (second photo) at a store on Murano and one near my hotel. Note in the San Marco photo that there are the same amount of pigeons as people -- that's how deserted it was.IMG_1738.JPGIMG_1921.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Murano - for Jerry
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Thanks for the information!

This looks like the place to shop!  Thanks to you we are getting our dining, shopping and hotel choices lined up.  Congratulations on your Murano choices, they are beautiful!

Now that I have a shop in Rome, will be very easy with this one in Venice!

Happy New Year to you and again "Thanks" for the post!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

They are everywhere in Venice, and some sell real Murano much less expensively than others. You can usually tell visually -- as well as if it's TOO inexpensive.

Happy New Year to you and Nancy!

Professor,

Thanks for the information and good wishes!

The best to you from both of us!  Nancy really enjoyed the pictures!

Someday when I don't have to grade about 700 pages of papers within 9 days, I should get out my whole Murano collection.  I fear it would take up most of my tiny small second bedroom which I use as a den.  Like I said, I don't want silver, or gold or gems -- just Murano glass.  And each time I go to Venice I add to my collection.  And I think I once bought something in Rome too, near the Pantheon store that I mentioned to you.

Venetians are pretty good about large clasps on necklaces, but if Nancy needs to do it herself (as I do), I have found buying clasps at a local fabric/craft store helps my arthritic hands enormously -- with no danger of breaking the glass.

PS -- I forgot to mention that at some of the 'real' but less expensive stores I mentioned, they carry the pieces that make up a more generic necklace, bracelet or set of earrings -- so if you don't see it in the window don't despair.  I was absolutely thrilled with the store not far from the Pesaro that had the same necklace in the photo with Ken Follett below because mine had finally fallen apart.  Yet it was one of my very favorite necklaces (and I still had the intact earrings).  At the same time, if you want new artistic creations, you go to Murano or the store in Piazza San Marco. follet-and-taylor.jpg

professor,

Wonderful picture!

That Murano looks fabulous.  The blue is really stunning.  Nancy really appreciates your suggestions!  BTW, Santa was good to her yesterday!  She got a three kt. diamond bracelet that matches her diamond necklace!

We hope you are feeling a lot better after that fall on your way to Rome!  The Eternal City will just have to wait for all of us to get together there or Venice!

Hi Jerry,

Since I mostly go to Venice or Rome or Greece these days, I think we can manage that!  That blue necklace and set of earrings cost less than $100 -- and the replacement necklace that exactly matches a few days ago only cost me $60 (the earrings are still intact).  With Murano glass, it often doesn't matter how much it costs, but the way it looks as I have found out over many years.  I was utterly devastated when one link on the original necklace came apart.  A local jeweler could have probably fixed it, but I relied on my best efforts and craft shops instead and got it together again. But it never quite looked the same and I was always afraid that all the links would fall to the floor and break.  But now I have a new version of the same one, and have many replacement links if needed .

I imagine Nancy is one happy lady today -- not mostly for the jewelry but for being married to a man who so obviously adores her. Cheers to you both!

ProfChiara

Professor,

This Murano necklace was about $50

IMG_3643.jpg

BTW,  we send you a Christmas "Cheer" from yesterday!  We had a wonderful Christmas dinner!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...