3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 9:42 PM by bpelican RSS

Venice II: Eating

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's only a sample of my favorite meals. The first two are from Do Leoni at the Londra Palace.  I've had this appetizer there before and it is worth a meal there all by itself -- lightly fried large prawns on avocado puree with dried tomatoes. It was followed by a delicious filet of rombo (like sole) with mussels.  The third was from Algiubagio, and was probably my best meal of all -- this was just the main dish of an incredible monkfish in a sauce I can't possibly describe.  The final three are from L'Alcova at the Ca' Sagredo Hotel that adjoins the Pesaro palace.  I started with delicious mussels (better than Belgium!), a beef filet with grilled vegetables, and was talked into a millefeuille dessert, even though I'm not into sweets (or pasta as you can see).  In all these places I practically had the place to myself -- that's how empty Venice was.IMG_1759_1.JPGIMG_1760_1.JPG

IMG_1903_1.JPGIMG_1916_1.JPGIMG_1917_1.JPGIMG_1918_1.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Venice II: Eating
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Wonderful pictures and great looking dishes!

Thanks for sharing!

You convinced me of Rome, and you were right, now I guess, it's on to Venice!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

As the day goes on, I'll add a few more categories .

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Wow, I could almost taste the food.  Thanks for posting these photos.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...