1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 7:12 AM by laurac RSS

Outstanding service at the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village

dankc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I’ve been visiting the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village for several years, usually for several weeks per year.  The service is always very good and the employees are friendly and helpful.  One employee stood out on my stay in October-November of this year because of her willingness to help and great follow-through.

I typically spend at least 1/3 of my year in Marriott properties on business.  During those stays I’m often upgraded to beautiful, spacious rooms.   The thought is nice, and appreciated, but most of the space goes unused since I’m alone. Travelling with my family is when I really appreciate a little extra space.  So, when  vacationing, I typically contact the hotel a few weeks before my arrival to let them know that I would really appreciate a little extra space if something was available when they’re assigning rooms.  On this trip, I forgot to contact the hotel until days before my arrival.  I reached out to the room controller, Amira,  whom I had worked with before.  She let me know that she had moved on to a different position, Housekeeping Coordinator, but gave me the name of the new room controller.  When I contacted the new room controller, I learned that she was out of the office for several days and wouldn’t be able to help me.  I let Amira know this and asked  for the name of the manager that could help.  She immediately replied to “give her 15 minutes” and she would get back to me.  She later contacted me to say that she had worked with the Front Office Manager to take care of my request and that I was all set for my arrival the next day! WOW!

I was truly surprised that Amira went out of her way to help me with this request, even though it really wasn’t her job anymore.  She jumped in and delighted the customer, doing more than was needed and providing great service.  This made a world of difference for my family & I on this trip.

Amira even followed up with me a few days into my stay to make sure everything was to my liking. She is truly an asset to Marriott and to the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village, exemplifying the Spirit to Serve that keeps me coming back to Marriott properties after 20+ years.  I would love for her to be nominated for a Spirit to Serve award.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village
  • Re: Outstanding service at the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, dankc, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...