12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 3:24 PM by jerryl RSS

Platinum Premier Folks - Best Parisian Hotel when using points?

nyspeedracer84 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster....I'm debating between the following 4 hotels for a last minute stay this week. I'll be staying a week on points and was wondering which hotels give Platinum Premier (PP) members the best bang for their bucks when utilizing points?

Which hotel has a Concierge Lounge?

Which hotel offers complimentary breakfast buffet?

Best chances for PP upgrade (when on points)?

Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel

Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees

Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center

Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel

Unfortunately, we're in town to visit a family member who extremely ill, but trying to make a 'vacation' out of it.

....how about any of the hotels above when compared to the Park Hyatt Vendome? Amenities wise, not so much about location. Also when booking with points and with "Courtesy" status with Hyatt.

Thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
  • Re: Platinum Premier Folks - Best Parisian Hotel when using points?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nyspeedracer84,

Go for the C-E!

No CL, but you will get a wonderful breakfast in a wonderful place.  Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

agree with Jerry Coin I have stayed at both CE and REN Arch( I do like this location a little better as it is quieter ) on points and both are fantastic hotels. I stayed at Ren on a weekend so don't know about breakfast but the free breakfast at CE was great in fact since it is a full European breakfast take a roll fill it with meat and cheese and have lunch also

rhoke813 Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry have you stayed recently at Ren Vendome? If so was breakfast included? Someone recently wrote a negative TA review saying he was a Marriott Platinum and got no comp bfast

rhoke813,

Yes, breakfast was included!

The location of The Vendome is good, but you easily can walk to The C-E, Ren AdT, or Vendome from any of these hotels to any other of them.

Good luck!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi rhoke813,

I can no longer give a fair and balanced view of the Rive Gauche because my last (rewards) stay a few years ago was so terrible that I wrote not only on Marriott but at trip advisor, where the GM of Marriott France wrote me back.  I won't go into the details, but despite previous wonderful stays, it was bad enough for me to vent fully and frequently and I will never stay there again even if things have changed and even if that awful desk person is gone.

I've been in France since, but not Paris, so trust JerryCoin and other reviewers.  I know people have said they've had good Rive Gauche experiences since (which would match all of mine before the awful one), so it's up to you.

Best, ProfChiara

rhoke813 Platinum 2 Reviews

Where did you end up staying and how was your experience with upgrade, breakfast etc.?

nyspeedracer84 Platinum

Hi All,

I ended up staying at the Park Hyatt Paris at Vendome.

We stopped by the Marriott C-E, but was turned off by the massive amount of people that was walking outside of the hotel. Heck, my girlfriend got heckled by more "Gypsies" and "homeless" than she would like to. Furthermore, the front "gates" were locked and I had to knock for a while to gain entry. Yes, I know it was expected, it's like staying at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square.

The Park Hyatt Vendome was perfect for our needs. We got upgraded to a suite and our daily breakfast was free for the duration of our stay (5 days). We were hesitant about the location, but it turned out to be the perfect spot. We walked everywhere and food was abundant. Plus, Harry's bar was right around the corner and the best Ramen anywhere was a stone through away.

We considered the Renaissance Vendome, but was turned off by the lack of upgrades and free breakfast.

Hi myspeedracer84,

Now that I'm mostly an independent rather than a loyalty person, I will probably stay at an independent hotel in Paris next time I'm there.  But the Vendôme area is actually one of the best areas of Paris -- near the Marais, Ile de la Cité, Ile Saint-Louis, and not far from the Louvre and the Palais Royale.  I had heard bad reports about the mattresses (something that matters to me with joint problems) about the Vendôme Marriott even when I was still a loyalist, so it is good to know just in case about the Hyatt.  But I imagine it was expensive?

ProfChiara

professor,

I have seen some very nice Best Westerns that are moderate in price.  One is near the AdT, one is around the corner from the C-E!

I will furnish more information if you like!

Hi Jerry,

I've stayed at a number of BW's in France, though only a few in Paris -- since I had been so loyal to the Rive Gauche.  The Montcalm is one I would never stay at again -- I checked out after the first night when they gave me a noisy room on the first floor with little security and refused to take my Amex card.  I checked out to a wonderful one in the 15th arrondissement, but I can't remember it's name.  I stayed at a 'good enough' one in Place d'Italie (good for me because like the Rive Gauche it is near the Bibliothèque Nationale), and while it wasn't a Marriott it cost a whole lot less (and I got breakfast).

Best Westerns have a much larger presence in France than Marriott does.

ny,

That is a great location!

Glad you had a wonderful time!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...