1 2 3 9 Previous Next 130 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2014 8:33 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Well our MegaBonus experts are not available (painedplatinum is in Outer Mongolia gathering yak wool for Christmas sweaters and ssindc , whose format this copies exactly, is snapping photos of something off the coast of somewhere), so with apologies to our normal experts, here's another go at it - no doubt the responses will once again demonstrate the consistent inconsistency of this program. So far on FlyerTalk folks have gotten turned down in making changes, have made changes, have gotten Cat. 4 certificate offers, Cat. 5 certificate offers etc etc. Let's see what our group gets. Per usual IAHFLYR and yours truly, due to the apparent marks on our permanent record received nada, zip, nothing, the big goose egg and must call and request an offer - which is fine by me, as long as they continue providing me a chance for some free stay somewhere (heck, I'll go to a neighborhood SpringHill just to eat waffles - but for you road warriors, that don't feed the bulldog - so let's hear from you). And once again, I post here because the exposure to other Insiders is far greater than just the Exclusive News thread (although as NathalieF has wisely suggested, we should all occasionally check there for other news and offers).

OK, folks, back to the effective ssindc format: starting today December 19th, we'll all receive our personalized Megabonus offer for Spring 2014 (already proven wrong).  Here's the advance plug on Marriott Insiders:  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/blogs/news-promotions/2013/12/18/insiders-exclusive-details-on-the-upcoming-spring-2014-megabonus

To the extent that Marriott indicated that "each promotional offer is personalized for factors such as a member’s history with the Rewards program, frequency and nature of travel, along with plenty of other factors," it will be fascinating to see what each of us is offered. So...

What MegaBonus deal were you offered?  (Please post below.)  If you want to make this more interesting, please also post your current status and lifetime status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    rlswider Platinum 7 Reviews

50 K points after 25 nights, Platinum Elite, Lifetime Platinum

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I received the Cat. 1-5 offer for the new promotion.  I am quite satisfied with that.  In reading the announcement in CM's blog, it appears that more people than not are unsatisfied with the "personalized" offer they have received.

In the current (Fall) bonus promotion, I was offered the points, which is mostly unattainable for me (and was therefore unhappy with it), however I called and was allowed to switch to the Cat. 1-5 offer.  So why was I fortunate enough to get the Cat. 1-5 certs for the new (2014) promotion?  I have no earthly idea.  The only thing I can think of is that I already have reservations for 3 separate paid stays next year at Cat. 5 or higher properties.  Maybe that played into the equation?  Again, dunno.  I'd be bummed if I had only been offered the Cat. 1-4 certs, knowing that others had been offered Cat. 1-5 certs and not clearly understanding the wherefores and whys of it all.

I don't have lifetime status.  In addition to knowing what others are being offered, I'd also like to know if they are satisfied with their offers.

• 3. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Pluto, my personalized offer for the spring is the 50,ooo points again.  That ain't happening for me anymore.  Winding down.  So, when I call on Jan 16th to have my two cat 1-5 certs posted, I'll have them re-personalze my offer to tthat same thing again.  Somewhat of a pain, but at least I end up with something achieveable. 

• 4. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

well as I posted on the CM blog, I received the stay two get one cat. 1-4 free, maximum 2 free stays. I am plat but will only be gold next year and I have 1 cat. 4 reserved for 12/31 and two cat. 5 hotels reserved already for 2014. The cat. 4 is in my hometown and as far as I've seen, about the only place left with cat. 4 hotels. I would rather have had cat. 1-5 certs offered but I am thankful I have something I can get extra from already staying anyway. I can always use the free nights right here if nothing else.

• 5. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

So far, I have no promo, but I will wait a day or so to see if that changes. At least I am in good company.

I've already got a few stays planned during that window, so I will make sure to call to get something set up before it starts. In the past I've gotten the cat 1-5 certificates and expect that will be the best fit for me again.

In the meantime, I sit and wait, wondering if the lack of a promo is the proverbial coal in my Christmas stocking.

• 6. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    vickisocal Platinum

Everyone on FT who has gotten the Cat 1-4 offer and has called in to switch was able to switch to Cat 1-5. So if you got that CALL. Because Cat 1-5 is so muych more useful and flexible than Cat 1-4.

Road Warrior Plat DH got the 25 nights, 50K that he always gets.

• 7. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    erc Platinum

And this is exactly why we throw this up on the Big Board - great tip vickisocal. madmax just an f.y.i.

bejacob hang in there, like nuhusker, I combine two calls into one by calling for my last megabonus (which, of course, I had to call to get, but that's ok) and then cutting a deal for the new megabonus (using vickiesocal's info).

• 8. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yes, come to think of it, I was in the exact same situation last megabonus and did the same thing.  For sure worth a call and a follow up.

• 9. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Two stays garner a 1-4 cert, max of two free nights. And that's cool with me.

• 10. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

It seems to always be worrisome in some way or other, but don't worry.  My husband hasn't been signed up, either.

I don't even have an acct. in MRI yet, so I don't know but I don't plan on worrying since CS nearly always comes through, even if we do have to go through a hassle.

P.S.:  I just went to Promotion Central and it seems that my husband is assigned the 50,000 pts. after 25 paid nights, which is what we would want for his.

I was checking again because I thought that Cat. 1 -  4 could usually be for 3 certs. while 1- 5 were only for the 2 certs. maximum.

Anybody know for sure?

• 11. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

vickisocal thanks for the info. I will definitely give them a call and see if my 4's can be changed to 5's. Thanks erc for posting this insightful thread.

• 12. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

eb my cat 4's were max of 2 free nights

• 13. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Thanks, madmax.

I wonder about the cat. 1 - 5 then.  Why would anyone even want the 1 -  4 if the 1 - 5 was available for the same number of certs.?

• 14. Re: What was your MegaBonus Offer (for Spring 2014)?
    gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

My offer is two stays earn a 1-4 cert with a maximum of two.  This past fall my offer was for two 1-5 certs.  Thanks for the information vickisocal, I will definitely be making a phone call.  There is very little value in the 1-4 certs.

1 2 3 9 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...