10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 6:37 PM by anadyr RSS

No yakking on Delta

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The CEO just announced no voice calls on Delta!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No yakking on Delta
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Amen to that!  I hope all the other airlines adopt the same policy.  It would be fine, if we could trust everyone to use proper common sense, and use it only in emergencies, but we all know how well that works out.  I'd have to have to book a seat right over the engines on purpose, just to have some of the phone conversations drowned out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Great idea, and there still are cell phone canceling devices on the black market (not that I have any knowledge of that myself)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great idea except on the B788, too quiet you won't hear the engines just the other noise!

Bravo for Delta, I think I read where the Southwest CEO said much the same.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Thank you, Delta! Only airline I fly, except when in Canada or traveling between some European countries like Ireland and Holland. I've never accessed the in-flight, back-of-the-seat pay phones either - there needs to be some "sacred places" (especially when you're trying to rest on an airplane.

Fred

The CEO, in a memo to employees, said customer research and direct feedback from frequent fliers suggested allowing passengers to make voice calls during flights would be "a disruption to the travel experience."

The carrier's employees, particularly its in-flight crews, also have informed Delta that they aren't in favor of allowing voice calls onboard.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

There are still planes with phones in the seat back, WOW.  Haven't seen that in about five years.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Anadyr

I am with you on "no yakking" and I am glad to see Delta has adopted that policy. I am a million miler with Delta and phone talking would really mess me up as I live in Atlanta and if one does you mostly fly Delta..........Bill

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

theolejudge,

Great to hear from you again, it's been too long!

Please keep us "Posted" and really hope your travels have been pleasant.

Merry Christmas to your family and you!

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Hi Jerry!

I have been busy lately; in Boston last week, this week in Los Angeles for trials.  Sally and I are going to Berlin--any day (train) trips out of Berlin?  Sally likes to check in one place and not repack until we leave.  We have never been there.....Bill

Yes Bill, that is so true. Silence is truly golden especially on airplanes where you have no way to escape!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...