23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 3:54 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Points?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So how many do you have (you can round if you want to protect your account, ranges are OK). And what do you intend to do with them in the coming year(s)?

I may just take my nearly 2 million MR points (banked and waiting for e-cert stays) and spend them over the next half year, or not. 

My family rules here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
  • Re: Points?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Have somewhere between 0-10,000,000 Marriott Reward points and I plan to use them maybe five times a year for the foreseeable future.

It's all about options.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

That's a good range IAH, a very good one.  I might have made mine between 2 and 20 million now that I think of it.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

2 - 5 M.  Will start using them in 2014 mostly within the Continental US with a possible trip to Hawaii.  Do not fly that well anymore.  Figure they will last me a couple of years.

I am an infrequent flier myself belican, and proud of it.  NYC and DC are my hangouts but only a few times per year. I laugh (to myself) when I hear FFs discuss their points chase, their status, etc. I used to be one of them in my callow working youth, but now I enjoy the anonymity of being a nobody in several airline programs.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

bpelican,

If you come to Hawaii, particularly Oahu, let me know!  I'll be happy to assist! 

Same goes for you bejacob

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I will plan to take you up on that.  Thanks.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

As a relative newcomer to MR, my point balance hasn't reached the half-million mark yet, but I'm trying (the MR credit card helps).

I've got my sights set on a week in Hawaii (especially after erc's latest tale) . I'm planning to use FF miles for the airfare (as I did when I visited in 2004) and MR points for accommodations. I'll probably even try to get in a little gloating when I'm talking to my co-workers.

Aside from points, I'm still sitting on 4 certificates from this year's promotions. I won't let those expire.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

anadyr

It seems you do not stay at marriott anymore, but you still have the 2ml points you had 3 years ago.  As has been mentioned, the devaluation in points these past years begs us to spend the points we have.  I'm surprised you have not seen the wisdom in doing so….  Anyway,  as a FF, I appreciate you sitting in stearage and balancing the load for those of us in First cabin.

shoeman

I have those points because of my top secret, double secret probation good looks and changing reservations that required points to cash instead--with unlimited funds it is easy.

Kimpton Hotels just let me into their inner circle, like Pass Plus was on United, with a phone number for the CEO and bennies that include automatic upgrades, food and drink from the mini-bar and on arrival, evening wine, etc., etc.  Problem is that now I have to tell Fairmont that they have competition--maybe they'll up the ante?  PS: Kimpton has no points just stays for the uber level--they've comped me on for 15 months.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

shoeman1000 splendid last sentence! LOL  Perfect

Come the revolution you'll be knees to chin with the rest of us, or maybe we'll take over first and have slim jims and Schlitz served! Enough of this capitalist segregation of classes--we have nothing to lose but our seat belts!!! (Groucho Marx)

erc Platinum

Sez the inner circle Kimpton Kahuna

But that is known to only those with Inner Circle Special Access, and not the bougeoise, remember Animal Farm's famous quote about eqaulity?

erc Platinum

I'm willing to state that you are more eqaul than me .

and spelling too?

erc Platinum

Tori Tori Tori

Ok, got to go. Keep shoeman and iahflyr honest.

later gator

Iah maybe, shoeman never!

I have less that 200,000 pts... Did burn a few hundred thousand last month though

curiousone Platinum

I have 350,000 and am working on building them back up. I used to keep about 1,000,000 points but after the major devaluation last year I decided to make better use of the points. Assuming SWA keeps the companion pass at 110,000 I will do another Travel Package with SWA and a Cat 7 property. When I can turn 120,000 MR points (for the airline portion) into unlimited (for this working schlep and his wife) flights for 18 months, that is still a great deal in my book. Now if they would just bring back some form of MR points-to-Marriott cash, at a reasonable value, I would be in hog heaven.

Shoeman, I neglected to mention that I have expended a million and a half points already

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

good for you!  I hope you got a nice Kuerig with that large an expenditure…..  maybe you could get some cool decoder rings with the balance….

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

A handful of folks have been responding to a related poll here: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1264

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...