7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 4:59 PM by fschumpert RSS

To be platinum or not to be?

mariusziwonki Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

I am almost platinum member I need just 7 night more. But I don't really know it's worth it? May by better stay gold for next year and earn platinum in 2014 easier?

What you are think guys? Advive me please.

Regards

MAriusz

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: To be platinum or not to be?
    eastcoast54 Platinum

GO for the next level. PointS adds up quicKER

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Agreed.  50% bonus on all your points versus 25% I believe.

mariusziwonki Gold 1 Reviews

Yes I agreed, but I need 7 nights more in this year. maybe worth is waiting for next year. I am gold fixed till Feb 2015, I think they move all my nights above gold for next years plus I got 10 nights for credit card in Feb, that mean I will be platinum in Feb or March anyway. Its worth paid for 7 nights this year to achieved PLATINUM?

eastcoast54 Platinum

if you are fixed for gold next year then you can wait. Keep in mind that any roll over points you got last year does not goes towards your new numbers in 2014. They get subtracted.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'm with eastcoast54, bpelican & psudad get to Platinum NOW and earn those bonus points and you might even find some use of the Marriott/United Partnership where Marriott Platinum Members can get UA Premier Silver status.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I'm sure you can't count on this, if you've achieved Platinum status in years past and are only 7 night short of reaching 75 nights goal in 2014, Marriott might just bump you up to the Platinum level. They've done this for me before, but I wouldn't count on it continually.

Maintaining Platinum status and using a Marriott Visa Signature (black) charge card for Marriott stays and other purchases is the best way to maximum points in your reward account.

Another way to take advantage of not only points accumulation but also night stays is if you have the occasion to travel with non-Marriott members and book their room reservations under your name (and reward account), but allowing them to pay for their room charge - unless, of course, you want to be overly generous.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...