29 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2016 5:38 PM by chrisrodney RSS

How Millennial Are You?

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There's been a lot of talk on Insiders lately about the new generation of Millennials and how Marriott and other hotel chains are beginning to market to them.  I came across an interesting quiz online from the Pew Research Center to test how Millennial you are.  Most Millennials who take the quiz score between 73 and 100.  I took the quiz and scored 56 so I'm a true Gen X-er.

What is your score?  Take the Quiz here:  http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/how-millennial-are-you/

score.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How Millennial Are You?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I scored a 78 haha!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46,

You are a true Millennial my friend!  One of my co-workers who is in his late 20's took the quiz as well and ended up with a score of 99.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

That I am... smack dab in the mid-late 20's

Though I like to think that I'm different than my peers

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

Oops my score is 7!

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

58 was my score.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I am actually delighted that I scored only a 38!  While I normally score high on online tests, this is one where I definitely prefer the lower number.

Cheers, ProfChiara

PS -- I am a near end Baby Boomer.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm starting to feel old.

I scored a 34, making me an almost perfect Gen-X. Being born in the late 1960s, that's where would be classified anyway. Funny how that works out.

I beat you with my 38, born in the early 50's. 

And I am an old soul...appropriate for a historian!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I scored a 12.  I was born somewhat near the beginning of the Baby Boomer period.  That is where I would have expected to fall.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I am a baby boomer.  I scored an 87!    I don't have any tattoos or piercings...  Maybe I was born before my time?    Maybe I am just - immature? 

pluto77,

Wow..you are a true hipster!  I said yes to having a land line even though its a Voice over IP phone.  I think that hurt my score a little.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Vaboywnder,

Thanks, you made my day. Just got back from a nightclub where my hubbin did a charity gig, and boy, do I feel old.  One of the bands that played just about blew my ear drums out!  (Ears are still ringing.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Scored a 42, no surprise there.  Very interesting - thanks for post.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

not sure why, but I scored an 82…..  Guess I am a Man for All Seasons…..

shoeman

shoeman,

Sounds like you have been hanging out with Pluto!  Another hipster! 

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I think I might be classified a "loser".  Though I am a Baby Boomer, I scored only 4 points.  Maybe I should sign up for a social media site and go out and purchase a cell phone (my Campbell soup cans and wire have served me well over the years).

erc Platinum

I scored a surprisingly high (at least to me) 66. I believe this was due to the fact that a) career success was not important because I have no career - it's over johnny!   and b) I'm on vacation so haven't had a chance to watch tv and c) my kids bomb me with text messages asking for cash, which my wife reads to me! I'm sure if the testmakers knew I read the attached reports I would lose at least 50 points on my final score and be labeled the ol' timer that I am, although, I did just dine with a group of flaming millennials last night and had a great time, so who knows .

Great survey vaboy, we're close enough in range, that we can hang together (at least until my 10:30 pm bedtime).

erc,

Great job man!  You beat my score.  Can I have your cell number so I can text ya for some cash too?   LOL..sometime in 2014 we will have to catch up and have a MRI meeting.  Hope your having fun in the Aloha state! 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

erc, take it again when you are home after a few days and see if it comes down near mine!!!!!

erc Platinum

No way, Jose. I'm sending my rating into Marriott and scoring me some sweet upgrades .

Paraphrasing the Flying Nun and Gidget, Sally Field, "They like me, they really like me"!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

erc, that last part, just subtracted 50 points from your score. Millenials every just uttered a collective "Huh?" Keep up the good work.

Platinum 28 Reviews

If I understand this correctly my score of thirty one puts me in a much younger group then is average for my age (60's)  I am assuming that is due to (in the opinion of those that know me best) that I have the maturity level of a 14yr old (on a good day)

That said, if I can remain at that maturity level I can stay young till I die!!!!

I think we're in the same boat, misterchk! I found the scoring a bit odd, though.  It might be because of my aversion to social media.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I win.....barely into double digits with a sparkling 10, yes a 10!   I didn't even understand some of the question.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Well it's great to be 29 again!!  Oh score did not relate to age?!??? Oh well, I guess I have to text and tweet and get a tattoo and piercing...... Nevermind, I'm too old for that ****!!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

just scored 78 at age 67

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

You're the man, Jerry.

chrisrodney Member

I got a surprisingly high 89 at the age of 36. Hope I can keep staying on top of things while appreciating the tools of the past as I get older.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...