6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2013 10:09 AM by jasper100 RSS

Alexandrisky Theatre - St. Petersburg, Russia - July, 2013

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

sburh

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation Renaissance Hotels Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel
  • Re: Alexandrisky Theatre - St. Petersburgh, Russia - July, 2013

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Thanks for sharing jasper. Wow, the way both Broadway and London understandably guard against photos of their theatres, I would have been scared to death of ending up in a gulag filming in Russia, but I saw several folks quite openly standing and snapping away (and some of your pre-show shots are from the front of the stage, so certainly not secretive).

Was Swan Lake an excursion w/the cruise or on your own? Friends have told me I can bypass the cost of visas (around $700-900 pp) if I stick with Silverseas rather than venturing out on my own in Russia (which quite frankly, I'm not all that eager to do, listening to a manufacturing colleague who has worked there for decades).

Man, you always get the great behind the scenes shots and great seats. You must have been the Exxon exec that turned on the pipeline . Very impressive stuff, please keep 'em coming (Helsinki, Tallin et al).

Visa's for Russia were provided by SilverSea at no cost. Swan Lake was an excursion offered by SilverSea at a cost of course. We know that a number of people on the cruise did get visa's on their own and were able to arrange their own individual type excursions. But my wife and I were very happy with the choices offered by SilverSea for excursions during our three day port stay in St. Petersburg.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...