42 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 5:12 PM by misterchk RSS

FRUSTRATION (With Insider's Site)

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

AM I THE ONLY ONE FRUSTRATED BY SIGNING INTO THE "INSIDER'S SITE"?

For month's each attempt took me to reservations!  Now the new interface makes finding the link on my account page harder than determining if Colonel Mustard was the murderer.

I pride myself (for someone of my advanced age) of being technologically adept - but I just spend five minutes attempting to get here.

Maybe it's ME - maybe dementia has finally started in this old body - maybe there really isn't a Santa Claus!!

Member's comments would be greatly appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: FRUSTRATION (With Insider's Site)
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for your note and it's not you... There have been a few changes to Marriott.com and the My Account section which among other things, does change where and how links to Insiders are placed. The grey dropdown links that included a prominent link to Insiders were removed entirely, but there are a few additional links over to Insiders we'd like to make everyone aware of - Sneak peek at changes coming to Marriott.com and My Account in December. You can also sign into the community directly via http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.com.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Thank you!  I will cancel an appointment at my neurologist to see if I was ready for the "Home".

Have a great weekend.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

What a surprise!  Wow!  Somehow I didn't get the memo that Marriott.com was undergoing changes in format.  Not that I think they're necessarily  "bad."  Too soon to tell.  Although I was used to the old format, time marches on and I'll get used to the new, hopefully improved new format.  Appreciate your participation on this site.  It's been very helpful to me.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I DO think the changes are bad.  I almost never use the regular Marriott site for anything any more, but I do use Insiders.  So I just dumped my old bookmark and made the insiders the new one.

What is the possible reason for such a change?  Why take Marriott Insiders off Marriott's site?  I think I must be missing something here.

impresario07 Platinum 4 Reviews

I noticed if you click the "For: Members" link at the bottom of the page, it gets you to the insiders page. It's very discrete, but if it works, I won't complain too much.

Agreed, the "members" link is discrete but check out Sneak peek at changes coming to Marriott.com and My Account in December for a few other areas that link to Insiders.

Hi Andrew,

I did check it out and still don't see why Marriott Insiders is being separated.  Also I have a real question about the "Recommended for you" section.  That currently exists on the site now, yet the recommended for me's seem to have absolutely no relation to my travel patterns. Will that change?

ProfChiara

The recommended content is based upon its keywords, popularity, who created it and your engagement with their previous content. You can "train" the algorithm behind the recommendations by clicking "not interested". By the way, you can find this recommended content on your Activity page.

recommended for you.jpg

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I went to the MIs site and had to sign in.  It took me to the Marriott site to do so and then I had to go through the maze to get back.  I am not happy with the Marriott site changes or this one.  Every time they change the sites, they become harder to use.  My rule of them, it the more mouse clicks, the worse it is.

Trying to read, the quick time out is back.  by the time I finish reading and go to reply, I need to sign in again.  This is too much work.

Platinum 28 Reviews

californian

Your experience, which is a copy of mine, is what motivated me to start the discussion!

Just getting to reply to your comment took me to three different screens.  (Maybe the Eastern establishment doesn't like us from the "Coast")

That's a nice feature in the update and a quick way to get to the MI.

As I tend to roll with the punches and somewhat technical, I'm not as upset as some of my MIs are with the new changes.  That said, I do prefer the old formats in Marriott.com, but will adapt.  It reminds me of the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it."  Again, I do appreciate your efforts for us.

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

I am a little confused are these the changes I keep hearing about?  Are there more coming?  They have to be better than these right?  Why are they separating insiders?  Is it an internet security issue and should we stop posting on this site?  Should we use separate email addresses and will it let us.  What's up? 

jake46 Platinum

Another new website. As a long time Marriott member, I had hoped with this (another) update, the Marriott website would restore the very popular "Along a Route" method for finding hotels. I haven't found this feature on the new site??  Marriott used to be the only site with this feature. I have checked out some others, but none have worked for me or have selective hotel brands.

I just went directly to the Insiders site (bypassing Marriott) and seemingly got there. But I went to sign in and got a blank screen.  This happened about six times.  Then I went to the Marriott site, clicked on members at the bottom, and was able to sign in. What's going on???

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It is not personal, since it also happened to me!

Same thing happened to me.

Nothing changed on the community side but I have not been able to replicate the blank sign in screen on my Mac or PC. So if anyone else is experiencing this same behavior, please email me at insidershelp@marriott.com with your Operating System (Windows 7) and Browser version (Firefox 10). Thank you!

Platinum 28 Reviews

It seems I have opened "Pandora's Box" - my frustrations are shared by most.  Hopefully the Marriott web department will get the message.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

misterchk

I am also having 'issues' with the site.  Not sure why Marriott is tinkering with the way we access the Insiders forum, perhaps they have decided to accelerate the move to a more social site and eliminate the direct connection to the Hotel Booking site.  If I am way off base, then i have no logical explanation as to why they keep moving my cheese.  That said, if these difficulties continue, I will simply stop participating in the community.  I've not ever considered the Insiders site a contributing factor in my lodging choice, just an added benefit to 'membership'. 

shoeman

I am honestly starting to think that Marriott is trying to get rid of us who consider ourselves "old-timers" as in long-term frequent stayers, loyal members, etc.  Why make Insiders more difficult to access? Why cut the best hotels from the brand? Why do everything in (I assume) the COO's power to lose loyalty?  While I will stay on Insiders (unless I mysteriously disappear -- if I do ask questions), my last stay at Marriott will be at the Courtyard a week from today.  Once the New Year begins I will transfer my small amount of points to airline miles, and that's it. I don't want to be part of a loyalty program where (in my view) its best hotel, the Athens Ledra, has been cut.

I think I stayed briefly at one conference hotel in the beginning of 2013, but my only other Marriott stays have been at the Ledra, where as always I was treated royally.

My best guess is that Marriott just does not much care that much about its long-term loyal members.  Anyway, I'm no longer one.  Independent hotels give me more, better locations, breakfasts and wifi and upgrades for a lot less.

I guess all I can say is "We'll Always Have Athens." except we don't anymore. It was a good run, but I'm done with Marriott.

ProfChiara

PS -- Again, not Insiders unless I get eliminated.

I think they keep us around to annoy us not them!  Who can say which way the wind is blowing in Bethesda? What is the goal having a program like Marriott Rewards?  Who benefits from the program and why?  I have asked these questions before and in this forum and others, but still wondering what the answer is today and for the future?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

When, for many, continuing involvement is very much "under review", this type of operational confusion is likely to lead many, myself included, to finally sever all links.

A

Now that I changed my Marriott bookmark to Insiders, I am still getting the blank page, so I have to go back to the Marriott site, sign in again, then scroll down to the very bottom -- MEMBERS.  Is this really a way to make people happy?

So far it the blank screen occurs using Firefox 26 beta on Windows 8.1... a few questions to troubleshoot:

1. Does the blank screen happen all the time or does it work after a few attempts?
      2. at what point are you seeing the blank screen?
        1. visit Insiders directly via (http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com)
        2. click sign in
        3. Community homepage appears

It's happening to me on Safari.

Got it, thanks!

At what point (or between which steps) are you seeing the blank screen?

1. visit Insiders directly via (http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com)
          2. click sign in
          3. Community homepage appears

Andy, logging in using the url for Insiders leads you back to Marriott.com, not Insiders, and then it's a several click adventure to find Insiders.  Can't you just put the link visibly on Marriott.com?

You nailed the issue.  That's what happens.

And at times, the Insiders page returns a message "Password Incorrect, please try again."

That's happened to me also.  Insiders has definitely become slower to access.  I find it easier now to log into marriott.com and click on the member selection at the bottom of the page. 

I think the last time the Incorrect Password prompt crept up, it would work to enter the Rewards number and password instead of your email and password. let me know if that's happening and we can make sure a ticket is opened to fix it.

Thanks for raising this issue.  Appreciate your post.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Just got dizzy trying to sign into the site again!!!

Directed to reservation site - signed in and went to insider site that kindly asked me to sign in again......

DIZZY ME!!!

You are not alone!!!!

Do you still have to enter your password?  I just hit signin and MI comes up w/o password. Interesting?

That does sound dizzying! What browser and version of that browser are you using? Also, what operating system are you using?  So far I've heard Firefox 26 beta on Windows 8.1 and Safari... but those details will help us troubleshoot.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I  have the time to answer you - it's the extra ten minutes going around in circles that just occurred again.

I use both IE and Chrome - I have multiple computers operating on Windows  7 and 8.

Is there an emergency number to call if I get lost in this digital maze and my family can't find me. 

I had a nightmare that I got lost between the Autograph Collection and Airline points!!!!  AND NO ONE FOUND ME FOR TEN DAYS!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

In my opinion, this update was not ready for production.  It should be completely tested BEFORE installing the update.  If there are any doubts, why not call for a Beta test and look for volunteers who are willing to document and report errors, fix them and then release the update.

The Marriott update is also bad.  We had a glimpse of it and many complained.  They took it down and then installed it ignoring our complaints.  One example: we wanted to be able to see ALL upcoming reservations.  It first shows 3 and if you ask to see all, it shows 5 and you have to mouse click through.  So they completely ignored what we, the site users, wanted.  This reflects poorly of Marriott.  If they are not trying to please guests, who?  The employees?

This site takes time that I don't have and as a result, I post a lot less often.

Platinum 28 Reviews

californian

You hit the "proverbial" nail on the head with the statement "This site takes time that I don't have and as a result, I post a lot less often."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...