3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 9:13 PM by bpelican RSS

What business services?

andrew_p2 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I was a little surprised to find out yesterday that the hotel cannot scan documents for customers.  I was told this was due to "security reasons" and the Finance Director would not allow it.  This does not sit comfortably with me as it puts me to extra inconvenience and does not seem compatible with the "spirit to serve".  This rather puts a lot of Marriott's rhetoric on innovation and thrilling service into perspective when a couple of documents can't even be scanned or photocopied.  I know this may not be part of the standard service but it makes me wonder how truly valued the business customers are who spend week after week at their hotels.

Perhaps I am being too demanding... does anyone have any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What business services?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I wouldn't call it too demanding, but now that you mention it, I have noticed a decline in business centers in Marriott Hotels in recent years.  Or is it just that I've not had a need for them since I no longer travel for business and with all the alternative options that one may pass such as mailbox places, UPS Stores, or FedEx Kinkos that are open.

I get why the hotels don't want to get into the business of having associates doing office type work and taking them away from their primary tasks however; my wife has a few times needed to have something faxed and the hotel was always very willing to do that at no charge. 

Scanning and copying can get time consuming if one doesn't do it often, that's my take in the for what it's worth department.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

andrew_p2 Member

Thanks for your comments.

I too can see why Marriott may be cutting back on such services as there is likely a cost saving here.  To me it comes down to how you define the staff's core duties as for me this would include accommodating occasional ad hoc requests, particularly from loyal guests.

Hotel is in the middle of the English countryside so taking between the hotel and teh office- not many alternatives around and unable to use client's facilities.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Business services vary by hotel.  Some Associates will do anything to accommodate you, others make excuses why they cannot.  No consistency between properties.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...