3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 10:47 AM by madmax RSS

upgrade certificates

tonyc25 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I understand  the points needed to book a room , but some room require e certificate and 1 or 2 upgrade certificates. What are upgrade certificates and how do you know how many you have? Also my account says  I have accumulated a bunch of elite nights. What are these?    thanks  guys

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: upgrade certificates
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Hi tonyc25 and welcome to the board. I will try to answer a few of your questions and I am sure others will chime in. This board has a wealth of information at your fingertips as well as great insider tips for you so put the site to your favorites so you can keep up.

One of the best sites for your information is Redeem Rewards | Redeem Marriott Hotel Points

upgrade certificates can be purchased for 5000 points in most cases as you reserve your room. However, sometimes you cannot upgrade with points when you have reserved a room with points so check with the hotel itself. I upgrade with points quite often when I have to reserve a room that is costly and don't want to reserve the better view room. This gets me a great room for a good price. Some hotels will ask for more than one certificate if they have more than one level of upgraded rooms so just ask when reserving. You can reserve your room online and then call to add the upgrades if that is easier for you.

Elite nights are nights that go toward your level of membership such as silver, gold or platinum. You can get this information at Marriott Rewards® Terms and Conditions . This will give you information about the different levels and how to achieve them.

Also, to get to a level quicker, you can apply for the Chase Marriott Visa which earns you points and gives you 15 or so elite nights toward status. You also earn 1 elite night for every $3000 spent on the card. info here

Travel Rewards Credit Cards | Marriott Credit Card

Hopefully this information is helpful to you and answers your questions. Again, welcome aboard

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Tony, you might find that certain Marriott Hotels - particularly those in "high-rent" places like Rome, Paris, Brussels, Virgin Islands,  NYC , etc. - depending on the time of the year, might not only require a certain number of Marriott Reward Points (30-50K), but also upgrade certificates, or an additional amount of $ or Euros, due to the category of the hotel - for instance, category 6-8.

If you book the hotel via internet and are a Marriott Reward card holder, the award certificate is sent directly to the hotel where you plan to stay and the points are deducted from your account automatically, and will appear on your account activity profile. If you choose to cancel your reservation, the points are automatically re-deposited into your account.

Hope this is helpful.

Fred

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

good advise fred. Thanks for helping out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...