0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 12:24 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Roman Holiday, Shopping!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When in Rome,

Shop!

There is something for every budget and desire!

Let me share with you:

Not many places around the Grand Flora, but plenty around "The Spanish Steps" and "The Trevi Fountain" as well as "The Pantheon"!

IMG_3495.JPG

Lon, at Vera Pelle, on the street in front of the Pantheon, has the most wonderful leather goods.  These are at low, low prices, compared to anywhere I  saw.  Bought purses and belts for prices in the $30-40 range that are classics.  He is a very nice guy, and speaks wonderful English, and is not pushy at all!  This was a great place to shop for gifts!

IMG_3507.JPG

Plaza Navora, a open aired market with plenty of shops and bargains.  A pleasure, with a wonderful fountain and relaxing atmosphere!  These places tended to be bargains!

Now if you want to spend money, go to the street in front of the Spanish Steps,  The finest shopping in Rome!  A stop at this place will cost you $110 or more, oh well?

IMG_3634.JPG

Now for great jewelry!

IMG_3644.jpg

Andreas, owns two places just off The Trevi Fountain.  His staff is most wonderful at Murano Glass.  They have the best prices, speak English and are delightful.  He said "Bring on The MRI's, we will take good care of them"!

IMG_3643.jpg

Joanna, as was most of the staff, from The Philippines, models a necklace I purchased for a gift.  She and the rest of the staff were wonderful, helpful and not pushy!  They don't work on commission!  Prices were good!

Enough about shopping, please add you comments or questions!  Don't forget you CAN get a tax refund before you leave.  If you want ask me, it is not easy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...