2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 8:51 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Roman Holiday!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

On a recent Rome "Special Occasion" here are a few things that I hope will help any Marriott Guest, if they have the pleasure of visiting Rome!

If anyone can contribute to this, please be my guest!  I would like to thank "The Professor" for motivating me to go back to Rome.  She was right, and I was wrong on "The Eternal City", her help, made it a fabulous trip!

Will try to divide the trip into a few other posts, based upon my stay at Grand Flora.  (There are other wonderful places to stay, but I don't know them0:

Traveling/to-from Airport

Dining

Shopping

Touring

Let's start with getting there and back:

The Concierge Staff at Grand Flora arranged for a price to have a nice car pick me up at the Rome airport and take me to the hotel.  It was about $100

for the trip, but well worth having a direct vehicle to the hotel.

IMG_3469.JPG

It was refreshing to have a nice car to take to the hotel!  BTW, a taxi was about $60 one way, so yes this is a more expensive.

Getting to The Grand Flora was scenic, there were plenty of wonderful sights to see:

IMG_3472.JPG

This was historic on the way to the hotel.  This is were Mussolini gave talks, and the driver said "No good looking woman was safe in the area, or she would be invited to "Visit: him!

Upon arrival at the Grand Flora, when you are greeted by a professional lady such ad Alessandra, you are "Glad to be there"!

IMG_3473.jpg

Now, they thought they did me a favor by giving me a nice room with a view.  But 418 was just that, but the street noise was overwhelming.  Thank goodness I checked out KH's room 620 and moved.  It was so quiet, no view of course, but a wonderful room.  I suggest, and told the staff, "If MRI suggest they stay in 620, they will not be saddened"!

On departure,  I stayed at the lovely Hilton at the airport.  That was a great move for an early morning flight.  As KH indicated, The Rome Airport leaves much to be desired.  It was important to be there THREE hours prior to departure or ?.

Will post other information shortly!

Will welcome anyones contributions!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: Roman Holiday!
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Great info Jerry!  Glad everything went well for you!  I look forward to seeing more! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Roman Holiday!
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

KH,

Yes, all went well!

Let me share with MRI that a good place to exchange US Dollars for Euro's is a short walk past The Hard Rock, same side of The Via Veneto to #4 Via Veneto, IL Fiorrino!

It is a small place, but had the best rates.  Safe walk, just all uphill on the return.  You will pass is if you are walking to the Trevi Fountain!

BTW, just s short walk more and you can enjoy "The BK Lounge"!  Prior to getting to Trevi Fountain!  A good place for an inexpensive meal, and a "Pit Stop"!

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

Not fancy, but a "Taste" of home for me, and a great place to relax, if you have a hungry family!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...