5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 12:16 PM by tomd68 RSS

Roman Holiday, Dining!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Please share your dining experiences here!

These are based upon staying at The Grand Flora.

Please take Professors advice and do NOT get "Herded into places along the Via Veneto, nor anyplace in Rome"!

Just say, "No Grazzi"! and walk on.

First of all, let's start at places close to the hotel.  And I must state that the hotel has wonderful room service!  BTW, if you like, you can opt out of going to breakfast, and have the same thing brought to your room, everyday, at no price (If you are of platinum grade).  This is a huge plus for us, we are never in a hurray and enjoy breakfast as we relax, and get ready for the day!

IMG_3482.JPG

Harry's Bar, world famous, across the street, vino will cost $15 per glass, but you may see a celebrity!

IMG_3611.JPG

Lotti, right behind the hotel, you can but a bottle of vino for less that a glass at Harry's!  Wonderful shop!

For a memorable meal and experience:

La Mirabelle, a short walk from the hotel.  This place is romantic and wonderful.

IMG_3484.JPG

And for a dining experience just as good, visit one of the highest rated places to dine in the World.

IMG_3514.JPG

La pergola, rated one of the best!  They are very friendly, professional, and the experience is memorable!

Please add comments!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: Roman Holiday, Dining!
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Papa Baccus for a great dinner at "reasonable" prices

Baccus-3.jpgBaccus-4.jpgBaccus-5.jpg

La Bruschetta for a more reasonable meal

Bruschetta-2.jpgBruschetta-3.jpgBruschetta-4.jpg

Bruschetta-5.jpgBruschetta-7.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KH,

Enjoyed Pappa's as well!

This place is behind The GF, and an easy walk.

Thanks!

IMG_3614.JPG

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

My wife and I dined at La Pergola back in '89, and stayed that night at what was the Cavaliere Hilton.  I think now it is just called the Rome Cavaliere - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel.  It was a wonderful night and the view from this rooftop restaurant is spectacular.  It is probably a 15-20 minute cab ride, up into the hills.  At the time, it was the most expensive meal we had ever had. 

psudad,

It was wonderful, but just as good was La Mirabelle, a short walk from the Grand Flora.  The atmosphere and food was fantastic.  The American music from the piano player and the singing was so special.

Enjoy!

tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews

Jerry & kharada, you're making me hungry! Great pictures that remind me of my own trip last fall. Viaggi a Roma! (Shameless plug I know.) We enjoyed walking around the Via Veneto neighborhood near the GF. I loved the cannoli at the Lotte Bar.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...