4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 9:50 AM by jerrycoin RSS

NYC vacation in mid January...plz help

bvdub11 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have never stayed in NYC before, I am looking to stay 2 nights and use points to stay. We want to be near times square, or central park area. Any suggestions would be nice. Location is important because we will be walking. I don't really care about price since I will be using points. seems I can just about anywhere for 80k points. Let me know please. Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: NYC vacation in mid January...plz help
    erc Platinum

I'm a big fan of the Residence Inn on 6th Avenue and 39th St.  Nice sized rooms and the four times I've stayed there in the past two years, they really appreciated and recognized the Platinum status - especially in January. An excellent breakfast buffet (and plenty of room, so no elbow to elbow competition) and they even have their own bar.

I've always been fortunate enough to get a corner room on 6th Ave. with either a view of The Empire St. Bldg. or toward the park like the one below. If that's too far south for you, and there's just the two of you, you might want to consider the newest RI on Broadway & 54th. I walked by that a couple of months ago and it's gorgeous (haven't of course stay there - yet). But - warning, they have rooms w/o sofabeds (which is no big deal in itself) and they don't list the sq. footage, so I'd check first, but the location is pretty cool. Good luck wherever you end up.

IMAG0629.jpg

view from a floor in the mid-twenties at the 6th Ave. Residence Inn

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Great suggestion!

Have not stayed at The RI, yet, but it would be my first choice, on points for sure!

CY Times Square South was always good but I would never stay at Marriott Times Square again.

vital_essentials Platinum 13 Reviews

I like the Springhill on 96th on the West Side. Granted that is far from where you want to go but the points will be lower and its NYC. The subways are easy to get around in and very inexpensive. When I am in the city working I just park my car at the hotel for the week and take public transportation.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Head office for companies with whom I've been associated in past 40 years were located in NYC, so I've stayed in number of places:  Essex House, Warwick, Plaza, all near Central Park,  but more recently at Marriott Courtyard, 5th Ave & 40th, and Marriott Hotel, Eastside at Lexington Ave. The CY is less expensive, and both not as busy (loud) as Marriott Marquis, Broadway or others nearer to Times Square. Both CY and Lexington Marriott are within walking distance to 5th Ave. shops,  Rockefeller Center, Times Square and Central Park. You can take trains from either airport into city, but I usually just take a taxi, which is more expensive, but less time consuming. If you're going to NYC you might just plan on spending some $ for the experience!

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...