2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2008 5:01 PM by rock23 RSS

Mariott Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas, USVI

lawgodess Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I travel to this hotel a few times a year in 2 week sessions for work. This hotel and the Ritz Carlton are the best in the island. I think the Frenchman's Reef needs updating in the carpets and room as they have somewhat worn, but the hotel has the best view of the Island!

If you go to St. Thomas, USVI do not stay anywhere else. I would say the hotel is good for kids as the pool is very nice and the restaurants are also good. The beach is very pretty. This hotel is mostly for adults and there are not alot of activities for kids, but if your kids like the beach and pool they will enjoy themselves here. I have been to this island alot in the last 4 years and I can recommend some very nice restaurants. The nicer restaurants are NOT kid frendly, like the beautiful Room with a View or Mafolie. Both a must try. A place to take the kids is on the tram ride up to a beautiful mountain overlooking downtown Charlotte Amalie. There is a restaurant up top and music, etc.

• Re: Mariott Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas, USVI
    mikieg Platinum
    Your assessment is very good. I have stayed at the Frenchman's Reef several times. It is looking very worn and is in need of TLC. The property is ideally situated and my favorite spot is watching the cruise ships depart from the pool area. I would also like to recommend a reasonably priced restaurant just up the road from the hotel, Mims.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mariott Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas, USVI
    rock23 Platinum

We're thinking of going to the Ritz. How is it?  Good beach etc.?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...