6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 12:20 PM by iahflyr RSS

Hotel "Customer Intimacy"

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Nope, not that.  But a recent article about hotels in the United Kingdom ranked hotels behind grocery stores in the development of affinity or intimacy with their customers.  (Maybe I should go to more Safeway Stores and just hang around?)

According to the article

"Hotels, which were grouped with holiday and travel companies in the Index, placed in the middle of the pack, behind supermarkets – which topped the Index with a rating 32% above the average – banks, mobile service providers, entertainment companies, smartphone makers and ISP's. To create the Index, more than 1,000 UK consumers were asked to rate businesses they deal with from various sectors based on their communications, with their scores representing levels of familiarity ranging from ‘treats me like a total stranger’ to ‘knows me like a close friend’."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
United Kingdom
  • Re: Hotel "Customer Intimacy"
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very interesting reading.  Curious where airlines and car rental companies would rank?

Hanging around the local supermarkets is something I will try to avoid for fear some employees might tell me to go out in the parking lot and get the shopping carts!!   Now "Welcome Walmart Shoppers" I could possibly do in a few years.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

One thing I really like about Trader Joe's is that there is NO loyalty program, no coupons, no cards to use, and finally everyone wears Hawaiian shirts!!!  My kind of store

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I will go see today if they are all wearing Hawaiian shirts or not here!!

Sometimes they wear sweatshirts but there's always a chance to get a lei of the land there

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I used to work for Trader Joe's. Great place to work (and shop). The management team still all wear Hawaiian shirts , including the CEO. It was fun when he came to visit our store (even the company "suits" don't wear suits).

The regular employees in the stores usually have t-shirts or sweatshirts with Hawaiian influenced floral patterns. I think I might still have one hiding in my basement. (A shirt that is, not an employee).

You know the Aldi Nord folks (new owners) love the company and have made sure that nothing changes except the fun they have gets better and better.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...