13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2013 2:11 PM by anadyr RSS

Concierge lounge

jeannieniles Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We just reserved a suite at the Ritz Carlton San Francisco.   Does anyone know if we have access to the concierge lounge because of the membership level?  Thanks so much.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge lounge
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I would,call them to see if that comes with a paid suite.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Because the Ritz Club Level is a different set up (they provide meals and food all day - see link below) than the Concierge Lounge of the full service Marriott properties, our platinum status does not grant us entrance, but like anadyr wrote, perhaps your room does. Either way, a suite at the Ritz should lead to an enjoyable stay.

The Ritz-Carlton Club Level

And there is a Ritz fee, sometimes negotiable to gain entrance. Might be 100 a day for example.

andrew_p2 Member

I had a similar question recently at RC, Berlin and the answer was no.  Would be interested if you can pay to upgrade to Club.  It appears, our tier status is not recognised by RC.  More positively though, I hear they have champagne and caviar at 6pm at the San Fran RC (would like to hear how that goes too).

erc Platinum

Yes, just like the Concierge Lounge at full service properties, which often runs $30 a night more when offered, the Ritz Club Level room is often around $100 or more than the regular room (and can be less than suites - that's why we suggested OP call to see if she received privileges) and of course, they have a whole variety of Club Level rooms, from standard to Presidential suites.

andrew_p2 Member

Yeah, sorry, missed that it was a suite (get it now).

jeannieniles Platinum

Thanks for all the answers!   I will be calling the Ritz Carlton tomorrow and will let you know if the Concierge Lounge is included with our suite.

jeannieniles Platinum

I called the Ritz Carlton and was astounded to  be advised my room would be $200 additional per day for the Club Room.   I think I'm going to cancel and locate a nice Marriott Hotel.    Not sure why, but the rates are much higher in San Francisco for January 12 to the 16th.     Thanks to everyone for all the helpful responses.  Much appreciated.

superchief1 Platinum

If you have difficulty finding something in the city and are open to staying in the surrounding area, you will likely find lower rates in Oakland or Walnut Creek. The Renaissance Club Sport is adjacent to the Pleasant Hill BART station and is about 30 minutes from SF Embarcadero station. Although this property doesn't have a CL, platinums receive a full buffet as well as access to a fantastic Health Club. I think all of the rooms are suites and we found the service to be outstanding. I would expect room rates to be $100+ lower per night than in the city.

While not downtown the two SF Airport Marriott's are a nice alternative and the one to the south of the airport has loft suites which are quite nice. Parking is around 20 dollars and the restaurant and lounge are quite nice.

superchief1 Platinum

Although I like the hotel, I understand that the CL in the Marriott SF Waterfront is closed on weekends and this is one of the few FS properties not to offer platinums breakfast on weekends. Therefore, I avoid it on weekends. One nice feature of this property is they have an onsite Hertz rental, so it is convenient to rent or return cars here rather than at the expensive/congested main airport rental area.

Nice to know, thanks.

The ones I meant were the one on the bay, and the other one at the intersection of Route 92 and 101, with the most byzantine way to get in the parking are of any Marriott anywhere.  The waterfront one I have not been to, unless its the SFO Airport one.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That is just crazy silly, there are a good number of nice Marriott Hotels in SF.  Our favorite is Fisherman's Wharf Marriott as it is close to Chinatown, North Beach, easy access to the Golden Gate and HWY 101 north into Tiburon, Sausalito, Muir Woods and the wine country, but no CL at the Wharf.....we never miss it as there are so many wonderful places to eat breakfast in the area and or special corner room always has a refrigerator so we stock up on wine from the Safeway near the Wharf as well as snacks. 

Parking won't be cheap at any San Francisco hotel and public transportation is an excellent way to get from the airport into the city.  If you don't need a car except for an excursion here and there for day or two, car rental agency booths in the hotel is a good option.

Good luck in your search and please let us all know if you need any information.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...