3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2008 1:27 PM by sirdrake RSS

Marriott Resorts in Spain

vrsindous Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Would like to hear from someone who has been to Marriott's resorts in Marabell and/or Malaga. Most interested in their experience and the travel arrangement from USA.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Resorts in Spain
    steveandfamily Silver

Hi vrsindous, I have been to the Marriott Vacation's Playa Andaluza and it was fantastic, an absolute haven away from the madding throngs of beach dwellers of other more basic resorts. During our time there, we left the resort onyl twice, we spent so much time enjoying the on site activities and facilities, there was little need to go elsewhere. The apartments are first rate and I would recommend it highly.

As we live in the UK, I cannot comment on travel from the US, but the drive from Malaga Airport was only about 45 minutes, so easy enough.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

blackpoolspur Silver

I've been to both the resorts in Marbella and am going back to Marbella Beach Resort in two months time (and can't wait).

To be fair there's not a lot of difference between the two as they seem to have been built in very similar styles. Personally I prefer the Beach resort over Playa Andaluza due to its location - it has many more restaurants and a better supermarket within walking distance and the beach was slightly better. Playa Andaluza is in an area that is still being developed.

Both resorts are great and a pleasure to stay at with the usual Marriott space and comfort.

sirdrake Gold
    I own at Playa Andaluza, but have never seen it.  I have been to Marbella Beach Resort a couple years back and enjoyed it.  The resort was great, staff excellent.  Beach was good.  The restaurants at the resort were very good.  There was no shopping or pubs in walking distance so we had to drive.  The Andaluza area is wonderful; I have been going there on and off over 30 years. Lots to see and do.  I am going to stay at Playa next summer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...