4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 10:58 AM by erc RSS

Best Gifts for Travelers

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just finished my Forbes and this caught my eye   Best Gifts For Travelers - Forbes

Some pretty good looking stuff in this article. Even gadgetphobes like myself will be picking up a set of Bose or Dr. Dre Headphones if they allow cell phone conversations on planes. I'm already a big fan of Smartwool and Icebreaker, it's as good or better than Under Armour's Cold Gear and HeatGear. There are also some good lists off to the side of each page. Enjoy.  PS - I'm an XL, if you're thinking of surprising me .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best Gifts for Travelers
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Interesting report, and must confess to not having any of these!

However, the gift that everyone seems to enjoy as I travel is"

An Atlas!

Yes, my State Farm agent gives them to me, and "An Atlas of The US" has brought many a "Smile" from a friend, no matter what county they reside in!

Just a thought!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Yes, that's a good thought jerry, thanks for sharing. I also like nice travel books about our hometown (DC) to give in appreciation to folks who go out of their way to help us.

texasvoyager had a product (<$25) that would make a nice gift for a fellow traveler that didn't have one

For those properties that limit the number of connections, I have found a wonderful solution.  The ZyXEL portable wireless router allows me to connect once to the hotel network and then as many of my gadgets to my router as needed.  It's about the size of a package of Wrigley's "5 Chewing Gum".

20120702268874_us_en

Any other ideas Insiders?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

jerry:

With all your travels..........

If I see you on an airplane in a State Farm commercial laying on Aaron Rodgers shoulder dreaming about your 'discount daaable check' with that 'Atlas' on your lap I'm getting off this forum!

erc Platinum

thanks tef - the gift of camaraderie is always a good one, Keep on keepin' on Insiders

jerrycoin ( traveling as he often does, incognito) showing Aaron Rodgers "The Atlas"
        w/George Wendt creator of Insiders' Motto. "It's a dog eat dog world and we're wearing Milk Bone shorts"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...