5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 1:01 PM by kharada46 RSS

Hula Pie

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Hula Pie served at Duke's Seafood and Ocean Views located in the Kauai Marriott Resort is outstanding.  We highly recommend sharing it!

hula pie.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lihue - Kauai, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Kaua'i Marriott Resort
  • Re: Hula Pie
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Interesting.  What flavors are there in it?  Chocolate?  Coconut?  White chocolate?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

The crust is a chocolate cookie crust.  The ice cream is vanilla with macadamia nuts mixed in which is topped with whipped cream and more macadamia nuts.  I was glad when the waiter took the empty plate away because I was afraid my husband was going to lick the plate.    If you are interested in making the pie, there are some imitation recipes online as well as a little bit about the history of the pie.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

razorbackfan,

Next time you make it to Oahu, be sure to stop by Bubbies Ice Cream and try one of these amazing ice cream cakes and mochi ice creams! 

Ice Cream Cakes : Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream & Desserts, Order Mochi Ice Cream Online

kharada, these ice cream cakes look yummy.  I'll have to remember to go to Bubbies the next time we visit Oahu.  I read the history of the business and found it very interesting.  Thanks for the suggestion.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

It is!  When you do visit, just try to avoid peak times like after dinner, as the line is usually long... sometimes out the door! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...