3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 5:20 AM by erc RSS

Loyalty Program...Supreme Court

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just read this article from the Associated Press about a Rabbi that got kicked out of Northwest airlines Frequent Flyer program for complaining too much. Interesting since we're involved with Marriott and many with airline programs.

High Court Casts Doubt on Frequent Flyer's Lawsuit - DailyFinance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Loyalty Program...Supreme Court
    erc Platinum

From the article;  "Northwest says Ginsberg complained 24 times in a 7-month period, including nine instances of luggage that turned up late on airport baggage carousels. Northwest said that before it took action, it awarded Ginsberg $1,925 in travel credit vouchers, 78,500 bonus miles, a voucher for his son and $491 in cash reimbursements".

Man, it sounds like we should complain more!  (or at least 20 or 21 times )

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

When I read something like this, it makes me curious as to what his letters were like.

erc Platinum

It requires significant stakes to have taken it (as in financed) this far - most of our 'heavy hitters' have already left (or like us modest players, diversified). Be it hotels, airlines, car rentals, whatever, like insider trading, there are all sorts of ways to 'collude' before it becomes a provable legal issue Let's see how it ends this summer and if it goes the rabbi's way, perhaps we'll turn stelzer001 loose, he's about our last Big Gun we have in terms of expenditures.

Justice Kagan questioning NW's attorney (Paul Clement)

If the airline could easily avoid living up to its end of the bargain in the mileage program, Kagan said, "I don't think that I'd be spending all this time in the air on your planes. You know, I'd find another company that actually gave me the free ticket."

Clement replied that Kagan's example shows that the free market, not a court, is the right place to address her problem.

"So if some airline really were crazy enough to systematically turn on its most lucrative and loyal customers, surely, the market would solve that. And, of course, if a bunch of airlines did it, the Department of Transportation stands ready to police that," he said.

ST's prep work - Summary Argument is Page 2

http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publications/supreme_court_preview/briefs-v2/12-462_resp_amcu_sjb.authcheckdam.pdf

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...