8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 3:06 PM by dth61 RSS

Resort Fees and mandatory Valet Parking are to expensive.

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

eI was looking at the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota and they had a mandatory resort fee of $28/day and a mandatory valet fee of $24/day.  This is ridiculous.  What are the options or do you just pay this!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Sarasota, Florida, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA
  • Re: Resort Fees and mandatory Valet Parking are to expensive.
    jetlag66 Platinum

Resort fees ridiculous.   recently stayed at Cosmopolitan in Vegas.   paid 28 for resort fee, did not use any facilities associated with a resort, and still got charged.   called down for a toothbrush and shave kit two hours and 3 phone calls later rude staff member brought items to room.   some resort service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

You're right on jet.  They are ridiculous.  Paying extra for a resort fee at a resort.  Really?  Doesn't make sense and should be abolished.

Just canceled a stay on Hilton Head Island (Three Days) because couldn't get a straight answer on "Resort Fees." 

Location Brand Hotel
        Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA
    politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

Great article.  Thanks for posting it.  These fees are add-ons without prior disclosure in many cases.  And if they are mandatory, then they should be included in the room rate. 

dth61 Platinum 1 Reviews

I couldn't agree more. I posted about my experience last night with surprise fees. One of those being a mandatory meal plan of $175 per person/per day. This was brought to my attention after the fact and thankfully in time for me to cancel the reservation.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

To me, if everything is disclosed, they you can make an informed choice.  I have traveled on business several times where the parking fee was above what I would be reimbursed for.  Each time I called the hotel and they suggested lower cost options which I took advantage of.  In each instance, the lower cost option did not include "in and out" privileges as the charge from the hotel did, but I did not need that feature.

siscelica Silver

I just experienced this issue and I was not aware of the mandatory resort fees. I absolutely agree that these fees completely de value the program and it has prevented me from further booking at Marriott brand hotels and re-evaluate whether its worth staying a rewards member and having the rewards credit card. I don't understand how management can think its logical to charge such a fee. I can understand charging fees for services you use, but to manually impose a fee is a bit outrageous in my opinion. I became a member because I absolutely loved the Marriott brand and it's  resorts, but when you are spending an extra 100 dollars on a trip for just fees, plus the resort rate, resort taxes, local taxes, and food costs that adds up. Right now I'm about to book a Hilton or a Disney Resort instead of the usual resort we stay at every time when we visit Disney. I share the same frustrations as everyone else, but I simply fail to see the value in staying a member. Before Marriott resorts was the only place we would stay when we travel, but now, I won't do the same.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...