35 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 1:56 PM by jerrycoin RSS

KH!  You have to stop this!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

KH,

I am in room 620 at Grand Flora!IMG_3474.jpg

The first thing I noticed in this room is in the Bath Room!

"KH was Here"!

You can't do that!

Has anyone else had a room after KH?

You have been reading too many WWII stories about "Kilroy"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: KH!  You have to stop this!
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

JerryMerry erry, (my iPad and MR Insiders at your service),

Another latent post that reveals your humorous side.  You are delightful on many levels, but until some of your more recent posts, I didn't realize just what a truly funny guy you are (you've been holding out on us!)  Keep it up, man!  Your sense of humor is sublime. 

I sincerely hope that the lovely pair of you are having a splendid time!

Love Kilroy, and of course he was there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks Pluto!

There is much more to this story!

He has made a real "Mark" in Rome!  It will never be the same!

Well Jerry, do tell, and don't forget to include pictures!    We want the full scoop.

Have yourselves a truly great day!

In Rome!

Pluto,

All is well here!

At the hotel, there is a picture of KH with the Pope!

The GM asked me, "Who is that with KH"?

You just have to admire his "Aloha" spirit!

We are lucky to have him among our wonderful MRI travelers!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

jerrycoin,

Fear not!  I was on the 9th floor!  So you don't have the same room as me... close though!  Either way, hope you're having a grand time!  By the way, since it's already Tuesday there happy birthday!! 

kh,

Thanks for the note!  You are a great guy!  Wonderful dining recommendations!

BTW, if you where on the 9th floor, you were "On the roof"!

There are only six floors of rooms here and the 7th is for breakfast dining.

The DO remember you here!

jerrycoin,

LOL!  That's right!  Oh well, I tried  

Where have you dined at so far?  I'm glad you're enjoying yourself

They do remember me?  That's great!  I did give them a ton of chocolate macadamia nuts from Hawaii and some calendars...

kh,

Thanks!

Will get you a full report with pictures!

The Concierge, Alessandra, say's hello to you and the Mrs.

So far:

Harry's Bar (Across the street)

Hard Rock Cafe

Mirabelle Rest.

Been by a couple of places you suggested and will have more later.

BTW, you are right on about the "Hustlers" along the Via Veneto, but all is in good spirits!

Try Girarrosto Fiorentina.  You can walk there.  It's not on Via Veneto.

Girarrosto Fiorentino - una scelta di gusto | Via Sicilia 46 - 00187 Roma, tel +3906.42880660

We really enjoyed it.  I posted pics of our meals somewhere on here.  You can do a search on Insiders and find it.

That looks like a great recommendation pluto77!  I should have asked you for tips before I left! 

KH,

Learned today, from my guide!  As they approach, shake your finger and say:

"No Grazzi"!

Worked all day long!

jerrycoin,

awesome!  I'm glad you're having a great time!  Just beware of the Spanish Steps.  That's where we encountered the most aggressive hustlers!  But the food was definitely the best part of Rome to me!  Can't wait to see your report when you return! 

WHen they offer you stuff for free, adamantly say no.

Oh yeah... very true.  My wife took some flowers cuz she didn't know, and next thing I know some guy comes up to me and demands money.  After that she learned and more importantly wouldn't leave my side.  Then another guy came up to me to try to give me a "good luck" string, but I said no.  He was quite aggressive and grabbed my arm and tried to force it onto me!  He eventually gave up, but not without scratching me first! 

l feel your pain. I succumbed to the same ruse my first time at the Spanish Steps and other places as well, my first time Visiting the bigger European tourist spots.  Live and learn. I'm sorry I didn't prime you my friend.

It's all good.  I was expecting some degree of this.  Admittedly I should have never let my wife wonder away from me... the guy with the string on the other hand.... I don't know what I could have done to keep him away.  At any rate, we live and learn like you said.  I was just stunned how much more aggressive they are compared to 14 years ago!  But then again.... sign of the times right?  I'd still go back though! 

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

What works even better if you know any foreign language is start shouting at them in it to leave you alone.  Works like a charm, since these folks have pegged Americans. Also, for women, always wear a shoulder strap bag across your body in high tourist areas and hold onto it as well - same with cameras.

Glad you're having a grand time -- I arrive 8:45am Saturday.

profchiara,

I was actually going to attempt that, but my "attacker" knew some Japanese too, so there went that option!  If only I remembered more Hawaiian from elementary school...

KH,

What about "I was Kung Foo Dancing"?

Wouldn't be surprised if they knew Chinese too... There were so many Chinese people everywhere we went!  

Professor,

Will be gone when you get here, but hope to catch you on another trip!

Your recommendations have proved invaluable.

ROME, is really a "Special place"!

Thank-you!

KH,

Took your advice!

Was cautious and just took a taxi!  No problem, got a nice photo and then went shopping!

Keep the "Tips" coming!

A couple of people wanted to say "Hello" to you!

IMG_3505.JPG

Alessandra and Andrea say "Aloha" to you!  They asked how you were doing!  Told them "Fine"!

They have been great on recommendations.  Superb Concierges!

I remember her from 2012.  She's grown her hair out.  It looks nice.

pluto,

I will tell her about you!

I will nominate her for a Spirit of Marriott Award.  She is awesome!

Awesome jerrycoin!  Thanks!  Good to "see" them again! 

KH,

Does this look familiar?

IMG_3614.JPG

Thanks for the tip!  I'll have to remember that next time I go!  And yes, that place looks very familiar... I wonder where that is? 

KH,

That is Pappa Baccus, in Rome!

You dined there and recommended the place!  It is very good.

The back-side of Grand Flora.

Glad you liked in Jerry!  Back-side of Grand Flora is the best place to get quality food and more reasonable prices! 

KH,

Thanks for the response!

Will have photo's and information for others who are lucky enough to have a chance to stay at The Grand Flora!

No matter what one's budget is, there is something for everyone!

Yesterday, my guide introduced me to a "New term":

"Dining at The BK Lounge"`!

That's Burger King!

There is one down the street!  Hope to have a "Whopper" of a day today"!

Thanks for all of your tips!

jerrycoin,

I should have hired a guide... probably would have seen more if I did!  Can't wait to see your post though!  It's going to be epic!  Don't recall seeing the Burger King... How was it?   Did you try any location specific items?  We went to McDonalds in Paris but made an effort to order items not available in the US.  The France specific burger wasn't good, but the potato wedges and the curry dipping sauce (for chicken nuggets) were good!  The macarons were also pretty good by US standards. 

KH,

Have hired guides at The Louvre in Paris, Auschwitz, Poland, and Rome, Italy.  ALL worth the price!

Will have a specific post on The Rome Guide, soon!

Jerry,

I look forward to it!  Next time I will look into hiring a guide as well... Perhaps then we can avoid much of the issues we had! 

KH,

Will have more on this "Guide" situation soon!

The guides may not be for everyone, but if your time is short, and you have a real interest in something, they are a real help!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...