10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2014 12:04 AM by jm1991 RSS

Bath Robes?

drchucklesboomboom Platinum 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am generally not too picky about the smaller benefits such as robes and slippers and number of cups in the room. But on this trip I am on right at this moment, I forgot my pajama bottoms and needed to go out in the hall to get a Diet Pepsi from the vending machine area. In my suite's closet there was a robe which I tried to put on, and I realized that it was made for hobbits. Has anyone else ever tried using one of the Marriott robes that they provide in their suites? I have attached a pic for review. I am by no means too oddly shaped. 5'10" and muscular with maybe a bit of a 43 year old beer belly going but nothing strange. The robe came down only 3/4 of the way on my arms, and didn't even tie off around my midsection.

Is Marriott prejudice against regular and/or bigger size people? It would suck if I was 6'0" or bigger for sure. I ended up having to use a towel and the robe and pretend to be in a kilt.

Just a fun and troubling observation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bath Robes?
    erc Platinum

You chose the wrong day to be in Charleston!

Welcome to Hobbit Day 2013 – A Party of Special Magnificence!

Hobbit Day is a celebration of all things Hobbit, particularly, the birthday celebrations for two of our favorite and most famous of Hobbits, Bilbo and Frodo. Joining us today are friends and guests from all over the world.

Charleston Marriott Town Center

200 Lee Street East  · Charleston, West Virginia25301USA

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I thought the robes were for women guests.  Do they even make a robe for men?

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Hummm - I have used them a few times and they seemed to be the right size for "us."  My wife tried to use on last time we traveled together and she, being smaller, the robe drug on the floor and the sleeves were way to long.

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Doc.  On behalf of all guest we appreciate you using a robe for your trip down the hall

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

DrChuckles,

Thanks for the LOL!  (Esp since I'm nursing a migraine) 100% Made my day!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I believe there are two different Marriott robe sizes.  Depends on the property which size they stock in the closets.  As I am 6' 2" and 200+ neither size fits me well.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Wow...that is a bit odd....I am guessing that yes it was a women's size but as to why there wasn't a larger one also doesn't make sense.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

They never fit me, either, drchucklesboomboom, and I'm a woman who's a plus size.  But that doesn't just mean the Marriott robes never fit.  We get a Signature suite at IHG and they never fit, either.

I don't know why a representative of Marriott would post anything against what you said.  It doesn't show up here, so I guess they sent it privately (the coward) or they deleted it (also, cowardly if no apology was given).  There should have been an apology for the attempt to control what we say.  (I can't think of the word right now.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

so the next question is how often do they clean them  as I don't ever remember seeing spares in the maid carts

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

thew ones ive tried were ok for me, maybe a bit large since im thin. I would assume the hotel would have different sizes since no one can fit one size and they just put a standard size in room. Maybe calling the front desk and asking to see if they have a larger size?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...