7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2014 3:58 PM by jerrycoin RSS

1968, the way we were and maybe we still are.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A friend just reminded me that the iconic car chase scenes in the 1968 movie, "Bullitt" could easily have been re-shot today in the City by the Bay (AKA San Francisco), and then to prove it (of course) sent me this scene-by-scene recreation of the best takes from the movie itself. 

Best viewed in HD with the sound way up (unless you are at work!) to hear the engines roar and see the tailpipes soar.

Enjoy this one if you're a Steve McQueen lover (and who isn't?).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Francisco, CA, USA
  • Re: 1968, the way we were and maybe we still are.
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

I think he was from Missouri?

He was wonderful in "The Great Escape", and The "Thomas Crown Affair"!

Bullitt, showed what a "Cool" guy he was and had one of the greatest "Chase Scenes" in all of movies.

Thanks for sharing, please keep your posts coming!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks Jerry, I guess I am just a sucker for good old boys and even better movies.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

jerrycoin

"The Great Escape" is one of the classics of WWII movies.  The list of actors along with Steve McQueen is an all star list.  It included James Garner, Charles Bronson, David McCallum, Richard Attenboro, James Coburn....  The motorcycle ride by Steve McQueen as he tried to escape into Switzerland is awesome!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Indeed, the Great Escape had one impressive cast, but they should have included Colonel Klink and Sgt. Schultz with a humorous sequel.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

anadyr

Without a doubt the car chase scene in "Bullitt" has to rank as one of the best of all time! 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

very enjoyable to see this.  REminds me of the hand full of times I visited SF, all in the early 70's.  Definitely wouldn't go back now.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...