14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2014 9:07 AM by NathalieF RSS

Does Marriott ever do specials on CyberMonday?

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Several trips coming up and wondering if there any specials on Cybermonday or any day soon?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does Marriott ever do specials on CyberMonday?
    erc Platinum

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

This may be the same link, erc sent, but here you go.

Save at over 350 hotels during our Cyber Monday sale

erc Platinum

Actually the CyberMonday sale was posted Saturday morning while most were digesting the Insiders' favorite side dish smorgasbord:*

razorback - Cherry coke salad
    madmax - waldorf salad
    coz1952 - Christmas ribbon salad
    foxglove - layered potato bake
    fschumpert - sweet potato pudding
    *iahflyr consumed one too many casseroles along with a heaping portion of his grilled boudin sausage and stuff jalapenos and is sleeping off his Thanksgiving feast, he is said to be dreaming in color.
    a pretty significant savings opportunity was posted on the forum - The Cyber Monday 30% off selected hotel (350 properties) rates.
    You must book starting at 12:00 am Monday December 2nd until 11:59 EST  and all rooms are Pre-Paid / Advance Purchase but even factoring aside the infamous 'from' rate (often just one night falling on a lunar eclipse), there are some pretty attractive prices for rooms staying between 12/20/13 and 3/31/14 - take a look and see if you can pocket some savings:
    If you land a rate that saves you some money, everyone please post your good news, that will keep the post active for others to see.
    Since I'm up all night drinking hemlock to celebrate the excitement of
    Redskin football  
    I'll tap the post every now and then to keep it "up on the board".
    A significant savings could help ease the sting of the inevitable category increase coming our way in February.
    Good luck to all.

erc Platinum

I already had some holiday overnights planned in the weak Washington DC market. Two nights the rates went down $10 each night, but I kept my cancellable rate just in case I change my mind and decide to do something else (or if Barack says the Lincoln room is available).

Was able to lower my rate at Gaithersburg Md. Marriott from $93 to $76. This worked fine because it's a family holiday get together, so we're going even during a blizzard (in which case, we'll be glad we have the room).
      I was hoping for a big savings for my New York stay - but no deal was available during my dates (I would have pre-paid because of already purchased Broadway tickets. I also discovered the new SpringHill has king suites without sofabeds, as they slice and dice more and more pricing combinations.
      I was able to save $40 a night at the San Antonio Rivercenter (and with airfare booked, I'm going), so overall it was a good night.

erc Platinum

As promised, to keep this on the front page in case anyone hadn't heard about it - CyberMonday is running today December 2nd until 11:59 pm. 

The link below worked for me and as posted right above, saved me money on trips I already had committed to:  All offers are Advanced Purchase  for dates between December 20th and March 31st, so of course, proceed with caution. Anadyr, myself, pluto and others had some difficulty in booking some reservations, so be aware of the possibility of the need of patience - good luck

Hotel Deals | Cyber Monday Limited Time Offer - Only 24 Hours to Book!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Just like on NBC, living color.

So far I've checked out four hotels using 16C for the promo code, three of them the rate isn't available the fourth has only one room type available.  Looks like the promo is similar to the cheapest fare on airplanes, meaning one or two seats and then the rates rise rapidly.

erc Platinum

You are correct (thus my 87 disclaimers, qualifiers, and warnings). Not only that, but there were some properties (like the Renaissance Times Square) where I had secured better rates than what the CyberMonday deal offered (somewhat like the Marriott Rewards offer price being higher than the standard or the AAA rate being higher than the standard - doggone it iah, you got me going once again and I had promised all the lil' children I wouldn't go there again this year); but I digress , back to the possible deals. Good luck to all, in the blind squirrel finds an acorn supersale.

I was one of the lucky ones, so I'll keep quiet, but I did see some of the future in some of those just opened New York Residence Inns and SpringHills; rooms with no sofabeds (a pricing differentiation like the 'cozy' rooms of the Autographs). More to come I'm sure, good thing we have our United Silver status (payback for stirring me up ).

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I was able to save $16 a day at the JW Marriott in Atlanta for two days for an already planned trip for New Years.  If the offer wasn't advanced purchase I may have tried to make some other bookings.

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

No specials to Florida and non of the Tennessee hotels I use so sale is useless to me.

erc Platinum

Heads up to the NathalieF, it's almost that time again - CyberMonday.

One of my biggest accomplishments (yeah, I know, sad) of 2013 was not landing a savings for my San Antonio stay on CyberMonday (although that was found money), it was staying up until midnight!

As last year's players can tell you - this is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to be aggravated, irritated, even hosed (see above), but if you've finished digesting your Thanksgiving Turkey (or any of the terrific dishes listed above courtesy of Insiders) then dive on in and see if the travel gods are smiling on your plans, you just might snag a deal.

Of course, this is only if Marriott still has a CyberMonday sale - unlike our lost pals, Certificates, Bogos***, Gift Card bonuses, E 195  gift cheques, welcome wine and cheese platter........

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us CM .

*** What's the difference between Bigfoot and Bogos?         It's possible you may one day see Bigfoot

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

erc I'm looking into this for you and will get an answer for you shortly!

erc Platinum

I'm in the Big Easy throwing down Sazeracs, Hurricanes, Abitas, and Dixies and stumbled onto the fact that there is a CyberMonday sale December 1st (according to Marriott.com). Start your engines

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...