2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 3:21 PM by ginnasan RSS

Earning Elite Nights for Multiple Rooms

travelingbaver Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone run into the issue where the hotel will not give you qualifying elite nights if you book up to three rooms under your number and then pay for the rooms?  I have always done this, and received the points, and elite nights, but recently I was told that is not how it is supposed to work.  Marriott refused to give me nights for one third of my reservation, and that one of the rooms should not have qualified for elite nights, but did anyway.  This just seems like another attempt to take away some perks, just like the all inclusive for points that was taken several years ago.

Has anyone else run into this before?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning Elite Nights for Multiple Rooms
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Hi travelingbaver,

You only earn elite qualifying nights on your personal room.  You may earn points on up to 3 rooms.  This is per the standard Marriott Rewards agreement.  I recently had 4 rooms at a JW Marriott and received elite qualifying nights for just 1 room and points for 3. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning Elite Nights for Multiple Rooms
    ginnasan Gold 2 Reviews

What makes this so difficult is that if you need more than one room to accommodate the size of your family it seems you should get credit for the extra elite nights credit.  For people who travel many nights for business it is easy to stay the required number of nights for elite status.  For others who do more of their travel for pleasure, there should be more allowance when using their loyalty to the program to stay with Marriott, even though they could get much cheaper rooms using the online discount room services.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...