0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 8:47 PM by profchiara RSS

Turkey response

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

ALAS!!! I got cut off posting (it said something like I was done in, alas, alas), and could not post my response about my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner.  Happily since I love turkey it is also my favorite part of Christmas and Easter dinner, so I will try again!

I'm a stuffing fanatic (though we called it filling in Philly when I grew up).  I'm very traditional on this except that I use whole grain wheat bread.  I cook onions and celery in chicken broth (salt free) until the simmer has my cat going crazy.  I've already chopped up a loaf of wheat bread into half inch pieces, then sprinkled them with A LOT OF GROUND PEPPER (that's my thing), sage, fennel seed, poultry seasoning, and a diced apple (I don't cook that).  Sometimes I add sausage.  I admit to preferring the stuffing in the turkey, but I tend to make too much stuffing and the turkey becomes ever more rotund. So Thursday I cooked the stuffing separately for the first time.  I admit it didn't taste so good that day.  But the second, third and fourth days, when I reheated it with the turkey cuttings and added chicken broth, it tasted a whole lot better even on its own.

Even so, I have to say, a well-cooked turkey white meat is still my favorite. But then I'm the kind of person who could gain wait on the Atkins' diet!

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...