2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 9:34 PM by politicalman RSS

Where to locate around Sarasota or St. Petersburg!

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Planning to go see the Ringling Brothers Museum and Dali Museum. Want to spend around 5 days in the area and I am trying to find a hotel in Sarasota or St. Petersburg that would give us access to both cities.  Do not want a place where I have to pay for parking.   I see upsides to either city but no clear cut choice.  HELP!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA Renaissance Hotels The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Sarasota, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Sarasota Bradenton Airport
Sarasota, Florida, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Sarasota Bradenton
  • Re: Where to locate around Sarasota or St. Petersburg!
    erc Platinum

I had a nice two night stay in January at the Courtyard Bradenton/Sarasota Riverfront property. Similarly, I needed to go to St. Pete one day and Sarasota the next and it worked out fine. Easy hop from the property to the 275 Bridge to get to St. Pete and no problem going south on Tamiami Trail to Sarasota. I had the good fortune of being on the top floor overlooking the pool and out to the water and it was a very pleasant setting. Chatting with some folks in the lobby one day, they apparently had been in a lower level floor and had a view of an office building, which could probably color the perception of the stay, so if you choose this property, you might want to chat with the folks at CY and see if you can get higher up (if that's meaningful to you). Good luck wherever you end up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where to locate around Sarasota or St. Petersburg!
    politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks erc!  We will book it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...