1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 7:38 AM by laurac RSS

Aloha Spirit to Serve Award

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to nominate Kaulana, the front desk associate who checked us in at the Courtyard by Marriott in Kahului, Maui, for the Spirit to Serve Award.  Her greeting was the best I have ever received in all my stays at Marriott hotels.  She greeted me warmly and asked my name.  When she pulled up my record, she thanked me for my loyalty to Marriott.  She confimed my room request information and informed me that she could upgrade us to a larger room.  Of course I accepted that upgrade.  Kaulana made sure I knew about the Bistro and what it offered, the pool and spa hours, the pantry availability, etc.  I have never gotten such a complete introduction to a hotel's offerings.  She also made certain I knew that she was available to answer any questions I had about the hotel or the surrounding area.  Kaulana was very professional, but with a warmth that is not always evident to the guest.  While I waited for my husband to bring in the luggage, I heard her treat the next guest with the same gracious greeting.

We visited with Kaulana several times during our stay and she was always gracious and friendly.  She was genuinely interested in where we had been, what we had seen and/or eaten, and really seemed interested in the pictures we shared with her.

Kaulana was also the associate that checked us out.  When I told her how impressed I was with the way she checked us in, she got tears in her eyes and told me how much she loved her job.  If Marriott ever needs to feature an associate who goes above and beyond the job requirements, they need to choose Kaulana.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kahului, Hawaii, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport
  • Re: Aloha Spirit to Serve Award
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, razorbackfan, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Best,

Laura & The Marriott Rewards Insiders Team

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...