8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 9:32 AM by rinny54 RSS

Why no night credit for Marriott timeshare owner who trade for destination pts

1pearl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was wondering why Marriott Vacation Club weeks owners that trade for vacation club points and then use those points at Marriott Vacation Clubs or properties, do not get credit for the nights that are stayed. We would receive credit for those nights if we stayed in a vacation club property with a trade. We are paying huge fees for those points and do not receive night credit toward elite status. It seems quite unfair.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why no night credit for Marriott timeshare owner who trade for destination pts
    rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

1pearl,

I have been asking this question foe many years..  The same thing happens when you trade for Marriott reward points.  It seems to me that owners should automatically have a certain elite status like gold. We do spend a lot to buy the timeshare & then on annual maintenance fees.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why no night credit for Marriott timeshare owner who trade for destination pts
    curiousone Platinum

I just spent 2 nights (11/27 - 11/29) at Marriott Canyon Villas that I reserved with VC points that I got from converting a week at Canyon Villas to VC points. I am showing 2 nights credit on my MR account along with 4,502 points for spending and Plat bonus. Unless I am misunderstanding your question, maybe you should make a missing stay inquiry?

1pearl Platinum

Thanks, I will check again. I did call however, and they told me that stays with VC points do not generate nights. I can understand why they dont give nights with MR points, since once you trade for them they become generic and we have never received night credit with MR points.

lizbeth is correct. I would think hotel stays used with Destination Pointsshould count toward elite status.  Community manager--any comment/clarification??

jep2020 Gold 1 Reviews

Add to this the confusion of the 15 night, silver status. These do not show up on nights stayed and no points. Additionally you do not get credit for multiple weeks owned. This just never gets easier.

1pearl...Let us know what you find out please. Perhaps MVC should have its own blog on its website since MRI community managers can't help us out!

1pearl Platinum

I will try to call again. But I have gotten a variety of different answers to this question from the people at the VC. I asked whether I would get night credit for an upcoming stay we booked on vacation club points at the maui vacation club: I was told no night credit. But as you can see by the above posts, someone else did get night credit at canyon villas. I was also told no credit at hotels either and I did not get credit at the renaissance sonoma. But clearly someone on this blog thinks I should have. I simply cannot get a straight answer from them which is why I originally posted the question on this blog. Perhaps someone from MR can find out from a higher up source than I can reach on the phone?????

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...