8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 8:54 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Question Paris Hotels

erika323 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Paris Vendome. Paris hotels. Travelling to Paris next July with family using points and looking for a Marriott that has a nice Concierge lounge (free). Any advice? Also, need decent sized rooms with 2 double or queen or sleeper sofa beds.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question Paris Hotels
    boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

do a quick search and you will find multiple conversations on this topic.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erika323,

There is no CL at Vendome, rooms are small.  Very nice hotel for a couple.  Very good location.

Recommend, La Defense Ren.:

Great CL, easy access to all sights in Paris.  Good rates.  Family Friendly!

Always keep in mind, that more than two in a room can be a problem in many European rooms!  At my current hotel, you cannot have anymore than registered guests in your room.  (No guests, and the number of people is limited).  They claim this is for "Security" reasons.  Please make sure you have your family "Covered" prior to showing up at hotel.

Please follow boldie's advice, and consult previous posts on Paris!  Likewise, pluto, had a recent experience in Paris with her family.  You may want to contact her directly and see how her experience was.

Good luck, and let us know how we can help!

sg1974 Gold

I would agree with Jerry.

We recently stayed at La Defense and it was fine.

Not located in the centre but very easy to get there with the trains.

The rooms are bigger, we stayed in a room that had a sofa bed and was a good size for us (2 adults & 1 child).

The executive lounge was fine. It was not open on the weekends for service, but was stocked with drinks.

i thought the hotel was good value for points.

Terrace Hotel in Paris | Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel

• This room features Club lounge access
    • Open: Mon-Fri, Open: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
    • Closed: Weekends
    • Complimentary food:
    • - Continental breakfast
    • - hors d'oeuvres
    • - dessert
    • - late night snack
    • Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

erika323,

as the great jerrycoin has stated, Ren La Defense is a great property with a CL lounge and easy access to all sights in Paris!  I stayed just a few weeks ago and thought the room was comparable to what we have in the US.  CL is open 24hrs/day, however, breakfast served only on weekdays.  For weekends, they'll give you a voucher for the buffet breakfast in the restaurant.  And if all else fails, there's a mall about 5 minutes away from the property near the train station with more options for food/drink.  Keep in mind, though, that this property is a good 20-30 minute commute from central Paris.  If you really must be in the center of all things Paris, you can do no better than the Marriott Champs-Eylsees.  I have not stayed at this property, though, and am unable to give you feedback on it. 

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

This is the lobby of Marriott on Avenue des Champs-Elysees, and very near the Arc de Triomphe. If you arrive via train, such as Gare du Nord, you need to take underground in direction of La Defense. You can get routing at train station and you can exit quite near the Marriott. You can walk to most other places of interest - Eiffel Tower, Musee d Orsay, Musee d Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral, or you can take train to all. You might want to also take train to Montmartre, which overlooks the city, eat at some of the sidewalk cafes, buy some local art.

Holland & Paris 035.jpg

If you're staying on reward points I hope you are awarded free breakfast. If you wait until around 10:30 and feast at the buffet you won't need any lunch! Otherwise, it's quite expensive - at least $25-30/person.

If you're leaving from Charles de Gaul Airport, I'd recommend taking taxi in early afternoon - traffic out of Paris in evening is terrible. You can stay at Airport Marriott, which offers shuttle and good evening meal.

Fred

Fred,

Good information!

This has always been my #1 place for "First timers" to Paris!  (If you get in on points!).  Don't stay there anymore because I really enjoy the nearby Ren. AdT or The Ren. La Defense.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I have stayed at both the Marriott on the Champs and the Ren arch and both are lovely hotels and both close to metros. I liked the Ren because it is on a much quieter street. the Champs is fifth Ave  like very busy but still very nice.

jerryl,

Great description of the properties!

If you stay at CE, go for a room in the Courtyard, if you want "Peace and Quiet"!  Like you said, "Both properties are really lovely"!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...